• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm getting some reports of guys swinging a 24x10 standard Mejzlik on stock mufflers, and a decent mid-range pull on this engine. As I mentioned on the EME thread, a lot of air seems to have come out of the EME-60 balloon. I was wondering how this GP61 has lasted with the 3D pilots since its release, and if it can really swing at least a 24A Vess or 24x9 Falcon, to at least 6700 on stock, or a 24x10TH to at lease 6800.

I was consistently getting. 7450-7500 in flight on a falcon 24x10 CF prop.

24x9 Hover prop was ripping a pinch at 7800

Will be getting data on Xion 24x9 and Falcon 24x9 in the future as I have them, but my engine is searching for a new home.

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Okay, thanks... let me know if you get any static tach readings because it's tough to tell what those numbers mean in the air. On the ground at sea level between 60 and 70 degrees F, 7450 RPMs with a Falcon 24x10 CF prop requires 7.5 HP. If you are getting that off the telemetry, that also answers a few questions raised when a guy was telling me he was getting 7800 RPMs with a 23x9 on his DLE55, which I found hard to believe, and probably owe the guy an apology now. Oops.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Has any of the aggressive flyers had one the these? If so how long and how has it held up?

[MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] has one one in his 88" Edge. He's a little bit aggressive :p

Okay, thanks... let me know if you get any static tach readings because it's tough to tell what those numbers mean in the air. On the ground at sea level between 60 and 70 degrees F, 7450 RPMs with a Falcon 24x10 CF prop requires 7.5 HP. If you are getting that off the telemetry, that also answers a few questions raised when a guy was telling me he was getting 7800 RPMs with a 23x9 on his DLE55, which I found hard to believe, and probably owe the guy an apology now. Oops.

I think my static number on the 24x10 was 6700, but I'll get a some more info when I get her mounted again.

Whats the bolt pattern for the standoffs? And the measurement from back plate to the hub? Can't find any specs online.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

[MENTION=413]Brian Yak Dude[/MENTION] has one one in his 88" Edge. He's a little bit aggressive :p

I think my static number on the 24x10 was 6700, but I'll get a some more info when I get her mounted again.

Wonder how many hard flights does he have on his?

Yowzilla

50cc
I just got the GP-61 and it will be my first Gas engine... for a plane (I have a Zenoah gasser for the 1/5th scale baja that is gravy to start).

Limitless recommends a mineral based oil for break in. I have some Red Line two stroke oil ordered. What "mineral based oil" do you use for break in? Brand?

Also, I see al lot of detailed torque specs on the DA-60 engine manual and not so much in GP manual. I assume I can use the DA torque spec for spark plug?

I just triple checked that the bolt pattern for the GP-61 is same as DA which is good because a carelessly ordered the 1.5" blazing star stand off. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] Was a stand off of 32mm used on your EDGE 92? Cause 1.5" =38mm.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got the GP-61 and it will be my first Gas engine... for a plane (I have a Zenoah gasser for the 1/5th scale baja that is gravy to start).

Limitless recommends a mineral based oil for break in. I have some Red Line two stroke oil ordered. What "mineral based oil" do you use for break in? Brand?

Also, I see al lot of detailed torque specs on the DA-60 engine manual and not so much in GP manual. I assume I can use the DA torque spec for spark plug?

I just triple checked that the bolt pattern for the GP-61 is same as DA which is good because a carelessly ordered the 1.5" blazing star stand off. [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] Was a stand off of 32mm used on your EDGE 92? Cause 1.5" =38mm.

Yes, I used a 30mm, and had to add a washer, so I suggested 32mm (based on my edge)