• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gp-61

Yowzilla

50cc
Well I will just need to stat the build to see if the 6mm difference between aluminum standoff and your 32mm will be enough for me to nix the cool standoff.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I will just need to stat the build to see if the 6mm difference between aluminum standoff and your 32mm will be enough for me to nix the cool standoff.

I'm sure someone out there will say 6mm or so is too large and ugly ;)

SnowDog

If 6mm was all that was standing between me and the Blazing Star engine mount, I would use the engine mount...it is that cool and blingy!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Is the GP 61 a better buy than the DLE 55, and how does it compare power wise to the 55?

It's a different engine, and comparing them isn't really fair; the GP61 is in a different class.

The GP61 makes a lot more power, has major components made in Taiwan where quality control is a little better than in China, and also costs a bit more.

For perspective, the GP61 spins a 24x10 prop with EASE, while the DLE55 tops out around a 23x8.

Drew

70cc twin V2
How does the GP 61 compare to the DA 60, because it is $200 cheaper.

In my opinion since Ive had both, the GP is a little more power. Both do really well. Only thing I didn't like on the GP was the carb setup. Throttle arm is way to short and the choke can be tricky to set up.