Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by Jetpainter, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Same here - about a half tank per flight.

Jetpainter likes this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

I've decided that I need to add some right thrust. In a vertical climb it takes a good deal of right rudder to maintain a straight line. The nose wanting to go left shows up at other times too like needing more rudder to do a right rudder knife edge and following the left thrust in every point of a point roll. You really notice it going to the third point of a four point roll.

I have another one of the plastic shims that came with the Blazing Star mount like the one I used to make the shim for down thrust. I don't know if I'll get to it this week or not, but it needs doing.

Alky6 and Snoopy1 like this.
  3. Jetpainter

I flew the Extra again today, and the thrust is about right now with the added shim for right thrust. It's running and flying good now, but it still has some surge in the midrange, but not bad. Unfortunately I uncovered another problem today, I think the Chinese aluminum that the gear is made out of has a higher than normal amount of butter in the alloy. :confused:

I pulled the wheel pants off for a better look and to make it fit in the mount in the truck. If you look close you'll see the airplane leaning. The right gear leg is bent.
    th.jpg

20170827_160348_resized.jpg

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Something tells me you are going to destroy it for templates.........:yesss:.

5. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

IMG_0919.JPG Looks ok to me compared to my landing gear. LOL

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. Jetpainter

You win..... I guess;) but you'll have it fixed in no time.

stangflyer likes this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    rhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9YY3zdTD0hY

You will need a couple of days in the workshop to get that back in the air, the only reality important thing did you damage the engine.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017