• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

News GSN Give-A-Way Hangar 9 Extra 300X I WON!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The boxes were on a pallet and in great shape! There was a hole in the wing box that the FedEx guy pointed out to me, but I opened it while he was here and it hadn't gotten to the inner box. He was a super guy, much better than our normal FedEx folks.
Well I couldn't resist taking a peek in the boxes before I took them home. Hopefully I can take some time tomorrow to do a proper unboxing and check everything out. At first glance it all looks good!
Thanks again Paul @GSNadmin !

20161107_142732_resized.jpg
20161107_180919_resized.jpg
20161107_174417_resized.jpg
20161107_174533_resized.jpg
20161107_174706_resized.jpg
20161107_174801_resized.jpg
20161107_175213_resized.jpg
20161107_175506_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tonight I pulled most of the parts out of the box to make sure there was no damage. Everything I've checked so far looks fine. They did manage to glue one wing tip to a chunk of foam, but I was able to get it loose without too much problem. The covering needs quite a bit of ironing, but looks pretty good otherwise.

The wings are sheeted foam and seem pretty light, but since this is my first 35% airframe I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm interested to see what the all up weight is.

20161107_210139_resized.jpg
20161107_210653_resized.jpg
20161107_215531_resized.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Tonight I finished going through all the parts and everything looks okay from what I can tell. I can tell you one thing, I really like this airplane and I'm dying to fly it, but the quality is no where near what my Pilot Edge, or other Pilot airframes I've dealt with. My Aeroworks airframes had much better quality control as well. I'm still very excited, I just wish Hangar 9 would step it up.

I'm planning on starting an assembly thread and I'll talk about the issues then. I don't see anything major at this point, but there are a lot of little things. Every bind nut in the cowl is off center to the hole requiring some carving before the bolt would go in, globs of glue in the hinges, the hatch fits poorly, and other things.

I had contacted Horizon about what the header drop needs to be and the they quoted to me out of the manual that it should be 50mm. I looked at the manual and there is no info at all in it about the headers, so I don't know where they got that. I bolted the motor on tonight, and 50mm would be way to short. The 70mm ones I have look like they will work fine.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Tonight I finished going through all the parts and everything looks okay from what I can tell. I can tell you one thing, I really like this airplane and I'm dying to fly it, but the quality is no where near what my Pilot Edge, or other Pilot airframes I've dealt with. My Aeroworks airframes had much better quality control as well. I'm still very excited, I just wish Hangar 9 would step it up.

I'm planning on starting an assembly thread and I'll talk about the issues then. I don't see anything major at this point, but there are a lot of little things. Every bind nut in the cowl is off center to the hole requiring some carving before the bolt would go in, globs of glue in the hinges, the hatch fits poorly, and other things.

I had contacted Horizon about what the header drop needs to be and the they quoted to me out of the manual that it should be 50mm. I looked at the manual and there is no info at all in it about the headers, so I don't know where they got that. I bolted the motor on tonight, and 50mm would be way to short. The 70mm ones I have look like they will work fine.
Sad that this would get through with the quality of a much lower end ARF like you might get from GH. I despise an ARF that the holes are off and don't match up. What if you would have bought this and had to deal with it? Granted H9 would send you what you need, however that is still a hassle. H9 should be every bit as good as Pilot with no excuse.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sad that this would get through with the quality of a much lower end ARF like you might get from GH. I despise an ARF that the holes are off and don't match up. What if you would have bought this and had to deal with it? Granted H9 would send you what you need, however that is still a hassle. H9 should be every bit as good as Pilot with no excuse.
I know the 60cc P3 Revolution and the 60cc P-51 from Hangar 9 were both plagued with issues. But I've heard and seen good things from some of there other offerings. But bad news travels fast, so Hangar 9 needs to step it up or get left behind.