• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

GWS P-38 Build Log and Review

gyro

GSN Contributor
GWS US thoroughly liked my review. I sent them a PDF version yesterday. Sitting in my inbox was an email full of gratitude and to show their gratitude they want to send me a kit of any GWS airplane of my choosing, no strings attached. Of course I'll still do a build log and review write up. Now I'm torn trying to decide my next adventure.

Way to go! Now that's some nice recognition for your hard work!

SnowDog

yes, congrats on the nicely done review...now the big question...what are you going to choose for your reward?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Way to go! Now that's some nice recognition for your hard work!

yes, congrats on the nicely done review...now the big question...what are you going to choose for your reward?

Wow, thanks for the kind words. Well, after much thinking and talking with others I responded today with a request for the green C-47. It was a super hard decision, one that any r/c pilot can only dream of. My decision involved the following:
My choice was made with the following considerations:
• Wife's top choice between the C-47 or A-10
• Been wanting a C-47 for WWII paratroop drops
• Electric twin setup is easy and has my fancy
• Wife wants to be able to buy me the stuff needed to finish the kit when I get around to building it. Buying 2 brushless motors, ESCes, and wires is cheaper and easier for her than buying 4
• Felt the C-47 had better ROG on grass capabilities than the C-130

To be sure, whenever I am able to get around to building the kit (several months from now and when I'm no longer sleep deprived) I'll get a build log going and write up a review.

SnowDog

awesome! If I was ever going to do a twin, it would be the C-47. My buddy has a large scale one (partly built) that he keeps trying to sell me...maybe some day... :)

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Attended Warbirds Over Dixie in Randleman, NC, with the High Point club today.

I found the sweet spot for aileron throws today: full recommended with 10% expo. Aileron rolls were axial and with authority.

Elevator still is too much on full rates with 10% expo. She just rolls out of loops with that much throw in the elevator.