• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D H9 1/3 Cap 232 - Blast from the past!!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Good Work!. If memory serves me....If you decided to go cans and headers.... There was barely enough length for the mtw cans that fit the 3w 85 when I built the can tunnel. Medium Pro Flows for that 120 would not fit in to your plane. Just some info.
I had a large horse shoe shape opening cut in my cowl with an extraction lip/foil. The snorkel would hang out just a bit but you could easily get to the needles and choke. I baffled just the lower portion of the cylinders and it cooled well. I did open the air inlets a bit on the cowl front.

Good Work!. If memory serves me....If you decided to go cans and headers.... There was barely enough length for the mtw cans that fit the 3w 85 when I built the can tunnel. Medium Pro Flows for that 120 would not fit in to your plane. Just some info.
I had a large horse shoe shape opening cut in my cowl with an extraction lip/foil. The snorkel would hang out just a bit but you could easily get to the needles and choke. I baffled just the lower portion of the cylinders and it cooled well. I did open the air inlets a bit on the cowl front.
I installed the tank low in the tank bay, simply added some basswood and used velco traps to hold it in. It is low in secure from forward/back/side to side movement. But did not leave any room for pipes or canisters or mid-section hot air venting. I'll have to create vents in the rear of the cowl to allow air out.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
Man that thing is gonna be crazy ballistic with that 120. Can't wait to see it get wrung out!

Me too jaybird, I'm getting anxious to transition to ground running.

Guys,

Made some progress tonight, I finished some of the detail in the cockpit and glued on the canopy. I'm going to jump onto the engine again tomorrow. Planning on finalizing the install of the ignition and IBE, then wiring it back to the current PB location. I'll also epoxy the top plate and seal the top plate and hatch. Connect the fuel line to the motor, make baffles and cut exhaust vents. Lots to do... amazing how much work goes into an ARF.

Attachments

• IMG_8457.JPG
    IMG_8457.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_8453.JPG
    IMG_8453.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8454.JPG
    IMG_8454.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_8455.JPG
    IMG_8455.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_8456.JPG
    IMG_8456.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 427

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got a feeling your plane will be the talk of the flight line and you wont be able to fly it at first!

Looking really really good! If it were not for Terry doing his "Custom Cap" I would be trying to hunt one of these down !

Thanks for sharing this for there was a lot of good learning experiences I had with mine.

I got a feeling your plane will be the talk of the flight line and you wont be able to fly it at first!

Looking really really good! If it were not for Terry doing his "Custom Cap" I would be trying to hunt one of these down !

Thanks for sharing this for there was a lot of good learning experiences I had with mine.

Thanks Dimes, again, I bought this plane 8+ years ago when I was beginning to make the move up from 1/4 scale. That was big at my fielding field then. It's been a long road for me, just getting my old plane back in service this year and flying for the first time in years was a blast. I was soo rusty at everything. Going from 72Mhz to 2.4 is great. And putting this model together, I feel like I'm re-learning a lot, I'm kind of glad it took this long. I'm a bit older and better situated in terms of resources.