Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Patto, May 2, 2015.

1. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Nice job!! It's looking a lot like mine!! Very cool!!

mlgclg likes this.
  2. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

The whole fuselage is now glassed. Hoping to get the center section finished and glassed this weekend. I may take a day off from work to get the sanding and priming of everything hopefully mostly done.

Progress!

mlgclg, pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

:way_to_go:

4. You'll be painting before you know it!

Patto likes this.
  5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Take your time and check carefully around all your radiuses that the the Fiberglas is against the wood. It is hard to paint if not.

Patto likes this.
  6. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Yes, good advice! I'm new to this, so I appreciate any advice you all have.

7. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Today I worked on the wing mounting bolts. I also tried what the owner of the local hobby shop recommended and mixed some micro balloons with finishing epoxy to see how that works for a filler before I go and spend $40 on the Blue Icing that was recommended. I have to try what I have on hand first, just to see how it works.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

I absolutely cannot wait to get this bird painted!

I did start on glassing the center section/booms/tail tonight. =)

mlgclg and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

The resin and micro balloons will work fine, but it's a lot harder to sand than Icing or Dolphin Glaze.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  10. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Today's work is sponsored by Duplicolor primer. I have now gone through four cans, although I think I have sanded off about half of it while I get the hang of making things smooth.

I am going to go to Napa and pick up some Blue Icing and see if that is easier to work with on the finished surfaces.

I also started glassing the center section. About 1/3 done.

I feel like I am bouncing around so much between different tasks that I am not making much progress, but I know that I am putting a lot of time into it, so things are progressing overall.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and AKNick like this.