Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Patto, May 2, 2015.

1. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

It's a 2200 mAh

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Snoopy1 likes this.
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

How did you set up your radio to start the engines? Two separate channels or logic switch?
    That is way cool right there :attaboy:. I have not read through the entire thread yet.

3. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

They are just on switches. Simple on/off activation. The relays allow it to go for about 5 seconds and then shuts off.

49dimes likes this.
  4. WNAD

WNAD New to GSN!

USA
    That's awesome.

Patto likes this.
  5. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Elevator and rudders hinged!

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  6. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Regarding the cooling for the rear engine. I ended up using some flexible foam to create a tunnel from the intake at the scoop on top of the fuselage that empties directly onto the rear engine. I hope you can see what I mean with these pictures. The exit will be around the rear spinner just like the full-scale plane. Unfortunately, I also had to make a cut out in the cowl for the engine on this plane. I puzzled over how to get it to fit without cutting up the cowl and just could not find a way. I did the least amount of cutting by putting it at a 45 degree angle like you see. If I end up hating it I can always rotate it back to inverted, but when I did that before the cuts to the cowl were pretty significant due to the upslope of the cowl in the rear.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

I am actually more worried about the cooling for the front engine. I can only baffle one side of the intake on the cowl. I did my best to make it to verterra directly onto the cylinder. I will end up opening up the cowl on the bottom around the nose gear to promote more airflow.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.