Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Patto, May 2, 2015.

1. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Thank you very much!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

That's a great point. I'm probably overthinking the cooling issue. I'll try it as is and see if there's a problem.

3. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Little bit of paint today. I spilled the paint not once but twice![​IMG]

Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Trim is done. The paint shows every single brush line on the wings. I have to decide if I want to redo them now or later.[​IMG][​IMG]

AKNick, LuKa, 49dimes and 2 others like this.
  5. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

Windows are installed and it actually fits in the trailer with the center section attached!! I will have to decide if I want to transport it this way, with support for the booms, of course.[​IMG]

6. Patto

Patto 70cc twin V2

First trip to the flying field today for taxi testing, range check, fail safe testing, and overall evaluation of suitability for flight. Lots of issues with the nose gear. Lots of slop and loose bolts. Tightened one area and another gets loose. Eventually I got it mostly cinched up.

One looming issue is that one flap has more travel than the others but shares a channel with another. Working on that. After I have it resolved, It will be airworthy.

If anyone wants to see the taxi tests, I'll post a video.[​IMG]

AKNick, acerc, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  7. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Absolutely we want to see a taxi video. Any video is great to watch. Nice looking plane. Great job!!

acerc and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. +1:way_to_go:

acerc likes this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Do you really have to ask plane junkies like us we all want to see everything, thanks.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    pawnshopmike, AKNick and acerc like this.
  10. +1

Snoopy1 likes this.