• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hostetler Cessna 336 Skymaster

Patto

70cc twin V2
Don’t get me wrong baffles are great and you should do them if you can but one thing you need to remember that the anxiety of baffles came about 3D flying were people were hanging on the prop and using big horsepower to do it with no forward movement. If you just do normal forward flying like you will do with that type of plane everything will be just fine.
That's a great point. I'm probably overthinking the cooling issue. I'll try it as is and see if there's a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Patto

70cc twin V2
Little bit of paint today. I spilled the paint not once but twice!
2e7b578423294eeb06bb20740a27322a.jpg

Patto

70cc twin V2
First trip to the flying field today for taxi testing, range check, fail safe testing, and overall evaluation of suitability for flight. Lots of issues with the nose gear. Lots of slop and loose bolts. Tightened one area and another gets loose. Eventually I got it mostly cinched up.

One looming issue is that one flap has more travel than the others but shares a channel with another. Working on that. After I have it resolved, It will be airworthy.

If anyone wants to see the taxi tests, I'll post a video.
227e44083bc0ac19a2a115665b257e6e.jpg