• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

IMAC FANATIC;14281 wrote: More rpm's means more prop noise though doesn't it ? Wont matter of its not used for IMAC though, did you get db ratings when tested ? Just wondering.

the plan is for use in IMAC. however, the engine is brand new, and i believe it is best to break in with a prop that places less load on it.

some more interesting information for you all!!! da 150L, brand new. ambient temp is 92 degrees. large pro-flow canisters... 2 new props i tested..

Mejzlik 3 blade 29 x 12 N == 6000 rpm, very quick spool up

Delro 3 blade 28 x 12.5 == 5500 rpm, not as fast as the Mejzlik 3 blade, but spool up faster than the 2 blade 30 x 13W falcon.

14557=8305-IMG_6065.jpg
14557=8305-IMG_6065.jpg

just tried the Mejzlik 30 x 12, and spool up was slow and top RPM was 5990. i will go with the 3 blade 29 x 12 N for break in.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Doc, are you going to wait till your done with the break in prop prior to doing all the mixes and trimming? Minus cg and balance. I find everything changes prop to prop sometimes drastically.

There's alot of different info on just how many flights/gallons , oil ratios , tuning for break in, What are you method? Thanks.

Super08

70cc twin V2
orthobird;15494 wrote: just tried the Mejzlik 30 x 12, and spool up was slow and top RPM was 4000. i will go with the 3 blade 29 x 12 N for break in.

You have something very very wrong if that is all you are getting.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
orthobird;15494 wrote: just tried the Mejzlik 30 x 12, and spool up was slow and top RPM was 4000. i will go with the 3 blade 29 x 12 N for break in.

Check that your pick-up sensor is plugged in the correct way and not backwards.

Check to make sure the throttle butterfly is opening all the way. I would think that 150L should turn that 30 x 12 Mejzlik around 6000 at a minimum.

If the throttle butterfly is okay check that there is no restriction in the fuel line anywhere.

Also, check your ignition batter to ensure that the module is getting at least 5.0v ((i.e. under a load).

let us know what you find.

IMAC FANATIC;15519 wrote: Doc, are you going to wait till your done with the break in prop prior to doing all the mixes and trimming? Minus cg and balance. I find everything changes prop to prop sometimes drastically.

There's alot of different info on just how many flights/gallons , oil ratios , tuning for break in, What are you method? Thanks.

i fly basic, and so far, have not set up any mixes on my Tx. i do, however, 1st want to get this airplane up in the air to start the motor break in process. once i see it can fly and land safely and without the airplane disintegrating while up in the air, then i will begin more trimming. but at first, i want to get her up and see what happens. i got this airframe for dirt cheap, and it looks to be in great shape. Rob says he built it using titebond glue. so it should all work out. i just want to see 1st what happens. once engine breaks in, then i will start to see what prop will work best.

Super08;15520 wrote: You have something very very wrong if that is all you are getting.

seems strange. that prop should be less load than the falcon 30 x 13W, however, when i look at the Mejzlik, the blade width (distance from LE to TE of each blade) sure is long and looks to be more than the Falcon prop i tested.

2robinhood;15528 wrote: Check that your pick-up sensor is plugged in the correct way and not backwards.

LOL!!! yes, it runs and it runs smooth with other props. it ran smooth with this one, except it is too much load, or as we should say, too much prop for this engine at this time.

Dirt Doctor;15537 wrote: Check to make sure the throttle butterfly is opening all the way. I would think that 150L should turn that 30 x 12 Mejzlik around 6000 at a minimum.

If the throttle butterfly is okay check that there is no restriction in the fuel line anywhere.

Also, check your ignition batter to ensure that the module is getting at least 5.0v ((i.e. under a load).

let us know what you find.

i ran the Mejzlik 3 blade 29 x 12 N (narrow), and got 6000 rpm. i really do believe that prop has too much load on the engine ( i am referring to the 30 x 12 L) being that the engine is brand new.

quadracer

100cc
I just mounted a Falcon 31x10W today, and finally got to tune it decent. Picked up rpm to 5600. I leaned it out almost 3/4 turn on the high end, almost 1/2 turn on low end. If I went any leaner, it lost rpm and was slow to rev. I'm gonna fly it as is for a while, I'm sure it'll be PLENTY of oomph for a 104 Slick. Maybe the next time I'm around some people who know more about tuning than myself, they can tweak on it and get a little more out of it.