• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many of you are running the new DA150L?

i just found this prop in my trailer, a brand new falcon 30 x 13W. i just drilled it and mounted it, when i get home from work this evening, i will run it and see what happens. if it is still too much of a load, i will order a 30 x 12.

14096=7949-IMG_6062.jpg
14096=7949-IMG_6062.jpg

Super08;14101 wrote: That is a real high load prop Cam, I have one for my 170 on pipes.

i just communicated with Tony and he will be sending me a 30 x 12 L

i will wait for now to get the new prop.

WOW, is all i can say. big difference.

yesterday, with the

TBM wood prop 32 x 10, max RPM was 4600

today, with the Falcon CF 30 x 13 W, top RPM was 5600.

huge increase, and the pull was just amazing. i felt it way much more this time compared to yesterday. with what it has now, i feel this airplane can take off no problem,. yesterday, i had my doubts as it felt weak. It is alive now!!! the spool up was faster than yesterday, but still sluggish.

i can only imagine spool up will be better and top RPM will be higher with the Mejzlik 30 x 12 L

this is with DA 150L

10.25" headers

Large pro flow canisters

using this:

http://adamone.rchomepage.com/calc_thrust.htm

i get this:

TBM 32 x 10 wood prop @ 4600 rpm = 41 lbs static thrust

Falcon CF 30 x 13 W @ 5600 rpm = 66 pounds static thrust

if

the Mejzlik CF 30 x 12 L gets 6000 rpm, then static thrust would be = 71 pounds static thrust

i do not know how accurate this calculator is, but at least it will give me a rough idea on the change in thrust by changing the props!!

anyone think this motor can reach 6000 rpm with the 30 x 12 L CF prop????

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
More rpm's means more prop noise though doesn't it ? Wont matter of its not used for IMAC though, did you get db ratings when tested ? Just wondering.