• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many years have you been in the hobby?

How long have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hahaha. Yeah, but did you teach yourself how to fly? :D

I was the youngest member in my club of 70+ fliers for several years. Became the newsletter editor when I was 13 because no one else wanted the job. Then I somehow got roped into being the president at 18 yo and have been ever since.

Garret

Isn't there a term limit?! :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Of course not! No one else wants the job. :D

Speaking from a brief experience as a prez, it's not fun. Everyone always has an opinion on "how it should have be done" but none of them ever want to be in any position of responsibility or do anything other than complain!

Good for you for sticking with it for so long!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Started in 2002, flew sport, dabbled in 3d off and on until 2003 when I left for college... Was distracted by women until I moved from Chicago to Nashville. Got back in the hobby in March of 2012 and am stuck now!

njswede

150cc
I've been in the hobby for about 2 years now. It started when I saw a HobbyZone SuperCub in the window of a hobby store and bought it on a whim. I then promptly put it 80ft up a tree, but luckily it blew down after a few days. Then I went on to crash it into small foam pellets. Over and over again... I still have a glued-together pile of foam slightly resembling a Super Cub sitting under my desk... However, the first time I could fly it and successfully land it was an experience I will never forget! There's just nothing like the first time!

I got into 3D about a year ago and have been progressing very slowly since then. But I love challenges and I love to learn, so I'm sticking with it.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Haha! Those Tennessee women just don't cut it for ya eh? :thumbsdown: ;)

I ended up marrying a Kentucky girl I met in chicago! She was smart, had that southern sass, and had the southern belle look and charm! Now that I'm married and have a house and an SUV, I'm able to get back into the hobby..

Living downtown chicago and working in the bar industry was no environment for this hobby. No space, no funds, and too much living to do in Chicago in my twenties! Love this hobby, but if I did it over again, I would put down the planes in a second to re-do college!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I've got my whole life to play in this hobby, but you only have a few years to enjoy what college brings!!

njswede

150cc
Started in 2002, flew sport, dabbled in 3d off and on until 2003 when I left for college... Was distracted by women until I moved from Chicago to Nashville. Got back in the hobby in March of 2012 and am stuck now!

I actually find the Nashville women very, hmm... distracting! :)