• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many years have you been in the hobby?

How long have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Love this hobby, but if I did it over again, I would put down the planes in a second to re-do college!

I hear you on this one! I wouldn't trade my time or experiences for anything! Congrats on your success. I think that you've left some good advice here.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah, im just starting to get back into everything after taking a year or so off to finish up school. one semester left and then freedom!

Santi8

70cc twin V2
yeah, im just starting to get back into everything after taking a year or so off to finish up school. one semester left and then freedom!

Finishing school is anything but freedom! I was as free as ill ever be while in school. Once you sign your life away to working for the man, it's all over! :)

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
I genuinely cant recall a time when I didnt do some form of aero-modelling. My dad always had a workshop for plane building so basically I was in there from being old enough to walk, knocking up chuck gliders from scrap balsa. It was freeflight gliders, rubber power and i.c. power at first, some control line, I got into radio with my dad when I was about 10 or so.

Funny thing is my brother never showed any interest at all despite having the same exposure, and my son and daughters have never showed any more than a passing interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

3DNinja

30cc
I voted. 22yrs

Advise I can give is that fly something you aint afraid to crash (in your budget) and learn how to build, or repair. Building and repairing are fun and they always fly better after a crash (because you dont worry so much about it being pretty) Dont fear getting low, you can see it better up close and learn faster and better than the other guy trying to learn to hover 50ft in the air or worse 15 ft in no mans land where if your engine dies your pretty mutch up a creek without a paddle (we have all been there) What we fly are toy airplanes and helies, so dont try to go out and spend more than your budget to impress someone with a toy..... And above all HAVE FUN! Challenge yourself with your buddies and keep screaming LOWER no matter how low they get.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I will let you do the math - since 1970. I had a break in the middle of 10-12 years when I flew more full size than RC.