Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Indoor Monocoupe anyone?

Discussion in 'Electric Motors, ESC's, Batteries, and Chargers' started by Bipeguy03, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Going into winter/indoor season and I'm laid off of work right now so I don't have the cash to build a giant scale but thought I put together something different for indoor season.

Went old school and decided to do a conversion on an old Sig Monocoupe 90.

3 channel with 5 gram servos and a 2 gram airtronics RX, gonna have STUPID power because it is getting a Hacker A10-12s (what I have), Hacker X-5 SC, and a 2S 200 mAh 20C battery.

All the electronics add up to 40 grams, looking to be under 95 grams RTF, so I have 55 grams to play with to get the airframe built and covered.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    pawnshopmike likes this.
  2. Here's the progress after one evening :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

3. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

love it

4. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Very nice.

5. One word dude. AWESOME!!

Just one question, where in the hell have you been lately? :p Been missing you around here!

Welcome back.:way_to_go:

6. I've been working on a Monocoupe myself. Redwing RC Stinson Reliant SR9 with a DLE 40 Twin.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Gene375 and WMcNabb like this.
  7. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 100cc

TN, USA
    Awesome!

Even though it's not a biplane....at least it has a round engine! ;)

And what Mike said...welcome back!

pawnshopmike likes this.
  8. I just needed a break from RC, the guys in my club really p*ssed me off a couple months ago and I just needed to walk away from all of it for a little bit. Then I needed to help my parents out after my Mom had to have brain surgery.

Anyway, I'm back and ready to have some fun :)

Matt likes this.
  9. Wow. Hope mom is okay now?

10. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Exactly. My mother in law had brain surgery and didn't make it through. Not a small thing to have done.