• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Indoor Monocoupe anyone?

Bipeguy03

150cc
Wow. Hope mom is okay now?
Exactly. My mother in law had brain surgery and didn't make it through. Not a small thing to have done.

Yep, she's just sore right now. She had a golf ball sized tumor on her pituitary gland at the base of her brain, it was causing her to lose her vision and also because of the chemical imbalance it was causing the doctors think it triggered her diabetes.

Luckily it was benign, and they got to it through her nasal passage. She's home now, and the best thing is she's already starting to get her vision back. :)

Bipeguy03

150cc
This evening I tackled the landing gear, when I was a kid and would build the Guillows warbirds for rubber power I'd always leave the gear off because I hate bending that little wire. That really wasn't an option here lol. Got the wire bent and attached it with epoxy reinforced with thread. The axels are a separate piece and part of the brace soldered to the gear.... When you're used building Giant Scale, this little stuff is a challenge!!!

Also started getting the stringers and sheeting attached :)

6.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yep, she's just sore right now. She had a golf ball sized tumor on her pituitary gland at the base of her brain, it was causing her to lose her vision and also because of the chemical imbalance it was causing the doctors think it triggered her diabetes.

Luckily it was benign, and they got to it through her nasal passage. She's home now, and the best thing is she's already starting to get her vision back. :)
Wow that is some great news! Thanks so much for sharing.:)

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tonight I just about got the stringers and sheeting finished, just got one more piece of sheeting on the belly to put in. The instrument panel glare shield is made out of a piece of sketch paper colored with black permanent marker.

To this point what I have built weights 13 Grams, so I'm on track so far!

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg