• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe "Cool Hands" Smith Working With Redwing RC

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys, I had been hearing rumors for a while that Joe Smith had found a new airframe home. And today I think we can say it's been confirmed. My good buddy Tim Pastor from Redwing RC has been pretty tight lipped but some recent Facebook activity by Joe and his dad Jim has made it fairly clear what's going on.

I know from talking to Joe a little while back and a lot of his Joe's close friends, Joe was looking for a bit more freedom to fly all kinds of planes and more importantly to have more input into airplane design and how the planes are promoted. Then knowing how cool of a guy Tim from Redwing RC is and listening to all the things he has told me he wants to do with Redwing RC, I think Joe and Redwing RC make a perfect fit.

I met Tim at the 2014 E-Fest earlier this year and we immediately hit it off. He's an upstanding guy who is doing his best to develop a great product and keep a super high customer service standard. He is the first one to admit when a plane he has is not perfect, but then follows that comment up with the details on how a new version of the plane with a pile of updates is already in the works and should be available soon. The point is, Tim is not just reselling planes, he is designing them with a team of engineers and refining them. To me it seems like Tim will not be satisfied until every plane he sells at Redwing RC is an amazing flyer. And if you know Joe Smith at all, you can see where he would fit right into this mentality.

I'm waiting to hear from Joe hopefully sometime this week (I think he is really busy with school) and we can get the rest of the story, but until then check out a few shots of Joe flying the 50cc Redwing Extra 330.
(Photos by: Jim Smith)

Joe Smith 1.jpg
joe smith 2.jpg
joe Smith 3.jpg

Looking forward to getting more information!

To check out all that redwing RC has to offer go HERE!

Last edited:

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Stephen,

Thank you for the kind words! It was awesome meeting you at E Fest and really cool how honest and natural you were in your conversations - the feeling is mutual!

Yes - Joe is one heck of a pilot AND an even better young man. VERY impressed with the person he is as I've gotten to know him. I do not want to say too much as I know Joe is handling it very maturely and getting to know us and products and find his role with us. We are happy to have his help and assistance and really flattered that he would choose to help us in our endeavors. I think it's because of the integrity you mentioned and our efforts to always be improving - but again I'll let Joe elaborate when he's ready if he's ready.

I think right now he wants to have fun flying and help out in the design process. He's going to be helping us right away with a project here. Stay tuned -

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I saw this on facebook and thought it was a great combo. I met Tim at a couple of Huckfests around here and he is a great guy. What a great family he has also. Can't wait to see what new products this brings to Redwing.

JClark

30cc
Good news. Joe is a great guy and will do a good job for Redwing.
Good luck Tim and keep on improving the business. Just remember to keep it fun also.

rmillerawacs

New to GSN!
I am crazy excited about this! I am a huge Joe Smith Fan! I cannot wait to see what he brings to the table for redwing rc! I personally do not own any of redwings planes. But I have order a bunch of parts and accessories from them. Fast shipping and great service! Plus my daughter loves the candy!!! Best of luck to Joe and the Redwing Crew!!!!

DonQ8401

30cc
So, far its been awesome working with Joe! I hope he can help me learn how to do a loop or maybe a roll... ;)