• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall Week 2016, May 7-14

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's a good one. But after being there several times I do not know to bring my planes or just spend the week watching. It will be big pane to drag all the stuff down there and not fly. There is still time for all this to be sorted out.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I wonder if JoeNall is aware of this problem with FAA for people that are coming from outside the country. This will eliminate all the flyers from Germany.
The faa has said that it is ok for non residents to fly.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"

FAA INFORMATION

Triple Tree Aerodrome will follow AMA guidelines. We are an AMA field and Joe Nall is an AMA sanctioned event.

This information was copied from the AMA website: For the complete text please follow this link http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/am...-uas-registration-frequently-asked-questions/

Q: I am already registered through the AMA, why do I have to register twice?
A: We understand the concern of our members and, while the FAA is open to streamlining the registration for our members, unfortunately the technical issues involved will not be resolved before February 19. Therefore, it will be necessary for current AMA members to register separately with the FAA. For future AMA members, we are working on an agreement with the FAA where for new members federal registration will automatically be fulfilled when they join the AMA, thereby creating one simple registration.

Q: Am I permitted to fly above 400 feet? What if I had to check a box saying otherwise on the federal registration website?
A: Yes. AMA members who abide by the AMA Safety Code, which permits flights above 400 feet under appropriate circumstances, and are protected by the Special Rule for Model Aircraft under the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act. Checking the box on the federal registration webpage signifies an understanding of the 400 foot guideline. This is an important safety principle that all UAS operators need to be aware of, and is the same guideline established in AC 91-57 published in 1981. However, the placement of this guideline on the FAA website is intended as an educational piece and more specifically intended for those operating outside of AMA’s safey program. We have been in discussions with the FAA about this point and the agency has indicted that it will be updating its website in the next week to make clear that this altitude guideline is not intended to supplant the guidance and safety procedures established in AMA’s safety program.

Q: Can I fly my large model aircraft? Turbine jets?
A: Yes. The Special Rule for Model Aircraft, which is part of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act, allows AMA members to operate model aircraft over 55 lbs as long as they are operating in accordance with AMA’s Large Model Aircraft safety program. AMA members can also fly turbine jets provided the operator holds a current AMA Turbine Waiver.

Q: Am I permitted to fly first person view (FPV)? Can I fly at night?
A: Yes. AMA members are still protected by the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, which is part of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act. As long as AMA members continue to follow AMA’s safety guidelines for these activities, they can continue to fly. The guidelines listed on the FAA UAS website do not negate the modeling activities and related safety procedures established in AMA’s community-based safety program.

Q: Should clubs require all members to be registered?
A: No, we are not asking our clubs to police UAS Registration.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well, as my luck would have it, Joe Nall is just not in the cards for me this year. . . .:( I will have to experience it vicariously trough all you guys again. I hope everyone has a GREAT time, even though I already know you will. . . . . . :big_yes: