• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Joe Smith quits 3DHS!

Get a group order together and do the freight shipping. Probably be around $150-$170 for a shipment and you can have a number of planes. When I got my 104 and 110 I also got the 60 edge that became the 15cc project and shipping was around $130 for all three. Since then we have done this trick a number of times. For the MXS, Patrick and I split the freight and shipping was under $70 each.

AKfreak

150cc
Get a group order together and do the freight shipping. Probably be around $150-$170 for a shipment and you can have a number of planes. When I got my 104 and 110 I also got the 60 edge that became the 15cc project and shipping was around $130 for all three. Since then we have done this trick a number of times. For the MXS, Patrick and I split the freight and shipping was under $70 each.

That is the way to go for sure. The problem is non one here will buy premium 3D planes here. Hell they wont by cheap 3D planes here. The only guys that have the good ones here are all sponsored lol.

ryan_m

100cc
PAU needs to build relationships beyond it's current customers. They tend to hold parts only for the original owners and hold back selling to second hand owners. Not good in my opinion but it's their decision.

I noticed some clickish behavior as well, and when trying to ask about any opportunity to save on shipping, all I got was some smart alec remarks. I was interested (and had the money) for a 35% Edge 540. I thought since PAU sponsors people to go to Joe Nall to cover the event, that they might be able to bring some models and I could get free shipping. NOPE! I was told, "I will offer free shipping when UPS and Fed EX does" or somthing to that effect.

That really stuck in my craw, when I just know people have bought PAU planes and paid no shipping at some events. Since I was not a previous customer and not known, I know he just didn't want to even deal with me. No biggie I am over it.

Wow, I didn't realize that about PAU. I'll cross them off the list then. I have been reading good things over the last couple of years, and I had sorta thought that maybe I should try one. But with business practices like that, I'll spend my money elsewhere. There are plenty of good airframes from other vendors that actually want new customers. Plus every time I've been to the PAU website everything is out of stock.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I just gave Chris the better part of $700 for my latest plane. He would get much more if we could find a creative way to ship for much less or bring more stock to shows.

I think you may have given Chris $479 (good price IMO) for the airframe and ups or fedex a good hunk for shipping. If your worried about the shipping of these bigger airframes step down to a 30CC size or up to a 50 or 100cc to get the most out of your money... I do, and it's why I don't own a 35CC plane. Quote of $415 via UPS to AK for the laser or MXS. If I go through a forwarder I could get a 35-100CC for $200-$250... Makes sense to get a 50 or 100 for me.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Only problem with that is 1/4 of the money goes to UPS :(

I am not sure what you mean. What I was referring to is that chris has always been more then happy to bring a propller, esc and motor, or a whole airframe to a show so that I can save on shipping!

Only attitude you get from Chris is the one that asks "how can I help?"

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am not sure what you mean. What I was referring to is that chris has always been more then happy to bring a propller, esc and motor, or a whole airframe to a show so that I can save on shipping!

Only attitude you get from Chris is the one that asks "how can I help?"

Chris is a very friendly guy, and a good businessman. I was making light of recent discussion elsewhere on the site about $140 shipping for an 76" MXS to the west coast. Added with the price of the plane, that's 1/4th the cost.

xlr8tion

50cc
Let me expose my ignorance......Who is PAU? OK...got unlazy and googled it...Got it!

Last edited by a moderator:

xlr8tion

50cc
Back to Joe

We all need a plan B.......How are you to pay the mortgage when the "next" Joe Smith comes along and you don't have a marketable Skill? Even full scale is LOW PAYING. Become an MRI tech with an AA and make 80K a year...etc...