• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Joe Smith quits 3DHS!

Wow... this thread has been all over the place.
We love Joe, Jim and Joe's Mom, Becky based on the past few years we've been flying with them at the various events. Awesome folks and Joe flies great, that's for sure. Just like you all have said, we hope he's following his dreams in RC and outside of RC as well.
That being said, I guess we can pile on the off-topic wagon :*)
If you wanna talk about support and having a great attitude; Chris, Curtis, Melissa and everyone at EF are just great! We met Chris H's Mom at our first Nall and she brought us right into the tent to meet Chris and everyone else. That was a few years ago and we spent the first of our weeks at Nall on the flight line with Jase, Daniel and everyone. At that point we didn't know anyone at all. How great is that? You know that almost everyone at these events is great and super supportive, that's for sure. It's just that the EF group is exceptional at taking care of you and making you feel welcome. Case in point, last year at Nall, I blew an aileron off my EF104 from flying too low of course. Saved it and landed. Lost the outer 12 inches or so of the aileron. Talked to Curtis and he and Melissa had a new wing come up from Georgia that same night, hinged it and flew it the next day. Another case, the day after, mid-flight, half of the covering was coming off of the other wing. Landed the plane and we were looking at it. Jase and his Dad, John, came over and looked at it. Well, next thing you know they had the plane on a stand and had covered the underside of that wing in about 40 minutes tops. Flying immediately after. Great friends, very open and just very supportive of young pilots. We need more of that!

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Great story man. I love the way my EF planes fly. They are at the very top. Every business, I mean every single one has aeras of opportunity. Business never stays the same, it is always changing, and to be the best you have to change with it. One day Ill make it to Nall and look forward to meeting these guys. Again thanks for the great story, AKf

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Interesting to hear people complaining about the shipping of an Extreme Flight plane. One thing I know for certain is that EF charges you, the end user, exactly what i costs them, the supplier, to ship their planes. They make $0.00 on shipping. In fact it could be argued that they lose mont on shipping because they do not charge for the time they spend doing the shipping.

Is there some other reason people are complaining about shipping through EF? Am I missing something?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Interesting to hear people complaining about the shipping of an Extreme Flight plane. One thing I know for certain is that EF charges you, the end user, exactly what i costs them, the supplier, to ship their planes. They make $0.00 on shipping. In fact it could be argued that they lose mont on shipping because they do not charge for the time they spend doing the shipping.

Is there some other reason people are complaining about shipping through EF? Am I missing something?

I think the problem might be their 7x" class are not boxed in a manner in which they can ship in an appropriate weight class... i think the way the planes are packed cause them to bump up to a higher price for dimensional weight. Also, unless you print the label, you don't know anything for certain :p I'm not saying what they market regarding shipping isn't true... just that only EF staff know "for certain"

Weird that I once paid under $100 to get a 50cc plane from Aerobeez in CA, shipped to TX via fedex ground. Guess they must have lost money on that one...

Just checked pricing at 3dhs. They've only got their 71" Slick in stock for size comparison (sold out of 72" Extra, 74" Edge, 84" bigfoot, etc, etc) and it was only $58 via UPS ground.

EF shipping prices are excellent on the 60" and 48" series... I just don't get it.

AKfreak

150cc
I think the problem might be their 7x" class are not boxed in a manner in which they can ship in an appropriate weight class... i think the way the planes are packed cause them to bump up to a higher price for dimensional weight. Also, unless you print the label, you don't know anything for certain :p I'm not saying what they market regarding shipping isn't true... just that only EF staff know "for certain"

Weird that I once paid under $100 to get a 50cc plane from Aerobeez in CA, shipped to TX via fedex ground. Guess the must have lost money on that one...

Just checked pricing at 3dhs. They've only got their 71" Slick in stock for size comparison (sold out of 72" Extra, 74" Edge, 84" bigfoot, etc, etc) and it was only $58 via UPS ground.

EF shipping prices are excellent on the 60" and 48" series... I just don't get it.

Mystery of the universe indeed!

hone

150cc
71" Slick is tiny compared to the 78" Extra and 76" MXS. Trust me I've had them all. EF uses UPS and gives you the dimensions of the box on there site. Enter the dimensions in the UPS shipping calculator and you'll get it. I'll have to take a pic next time I unbox one but they aren't wasting space in their packing, the planes are just that big.

Doesn't matter to me what the cost is. I'll gladly pay extra to fly the absolute best airframes in their class!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
71" Slick is tiny compared to the 78" Extra and 76" MXS. Trust me I've had them all. EF uses UPS and gives you the dimensions of the box on there site. Enter the dimensions in the UPS shipping calculator and you'll get it. I'll have to take a pic next time I unbox one but they aren't wasting space in their packing, the planes are just that big.

Doesn't matter to me what the cost is. I'll gladly pay extra to fly the absolute best airframes in their class!!!

I won't debate the performance of an EF airframe, they're among the best...

But I don't think it should cost double to ship a 74" or 76" or 78" or whatever versus a 71" Slick. Sorry... that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it :)

hone

150cc
I won't debate the performance of an EF airframe, they're among the best...

But I don't think it should cost double to ship a 74" or 76" or 78" or whatever versus a 71" Slick. Sorry... that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it :)
Tell it to UPS