• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Brian, Please enter this in the Toledo show next April. That is an award winning airplane.
Wow, thank you Jerry. Means a lot when a builder whose skills I admire and try to follow , feels I have a showstopper too. Ain't enuf dancing chickens in the world to give this smile justice.

IMAC FANATIC

Lol, that's a pretty good start ! And thank you, appreciate the compliment.
Makes all the hours bent over the bench worth while .

IMAC FANATIC

Very Nice Job!!! I need to get you and Dave to send me a set of those tailwheel mounts, they are nice.
I believe there is an extra tiller made up, they do give a nice scale look and reduce the angle of pull a bit, I'll see about sending you one, or do you mean the aluminum mounts at the root of the bracket?

IMAC FANATIC

Brian,

Your a madman!!! and I say that with the greatest respect. If ever I got the idea to build a real one you'd be the guy I call!!

Al
That's kind of the idea here, Dave's family is big into aviation and already have a set of plans for a Rhin DR-107 to build one day.

Attachments

• 179014.jpg
    179014.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 214
I believe there is an extra tiller made up, they do give a nice scale look and reduce the angle of pull a bit, I'll see about sending you one, or do you mean the aluminum mounts at the root of the bracket?

I meant the mounting brackets at the root. We are always looking at better ways to mount the titanium wire. We make something similar to the rudder tiller, just not quite as fancy as yours.

IMAC FANATIC

Minor changes ,big improvements. Re did plug wires and ingnition lead , forgot to wrap with spiral protectors and found red from mcmaster-carr , love that place. Should have a McMaster decal on this thing somewhere! Wrapped headers with better Teflon and heat shield cloth and stainless safety wire to minimize the sooting/ noise when the Teflon inevitably cracks and leaks. (And looks cool too), drilled flange bolts for safety wire , I find myself re tightening those bolts 2-3 times a season.. Not any more !
Re3s mounted, just need to drill and screw the connectors so they can't move.
Heat wrap, wire and spiral only adds .6 oz . so worth the effort to me for longevity and maintenance.
That's it. Just waiting for painted parts and a few small details before final assembly and balance. Then the nerve to actually fly the damn thing.
considering adding telemetry for voltage, temp and rpm. Nice but not necessary, didn't consider it originally for the build but might be good for initial flights and dialing in. Maybe something easily removable.last thing I want flying a sequence is to be looking at radio for temps ,rpm , altitude, speed , g meter etc. Just a low voltage and flight time alarm is plenty. Plenty of time on the ground to check a flight logger so you can panic about signal losses and how hot it gets in a upline. LoL.

Attachments

• 20141204_221707.jpg
    20141204_221707.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 20141204_221652.jpg
    20141204_221652.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 235