• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
ALKY6

Paul, we got a little behind on the foam cutting. Kevin just needs to finish the stabs and then we need to cut the foam for the tubes. Hopefully we will have it ready to ship late Monday

Alky6

150cc
Brian. Looking awesome. like the safety wired exhaust bolts. Assuming you bought pre drilled cap screws 'cause those things are near impossible to drill. Spektrum telemetry unit works great, just don't do the fly-by one, get the long range one. Only bummer is that it only has one temp input. Looking forward to the maiden!!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Thanks ! But nope I put a barstool by the drill press and drilled all 4 myself while watching the game last night, took forever but this way am able to clock the bolt heads n drill em so its more aligned, pre drilled always seems to end up wrong .
Yeah, down to the details now, can't wait to get it all together.but in no rush at same time.

IMAC FANATIC

I have the spektrum t-1000 unit with all the doo dads, but was intending to keep this as simple as possible. Same time, I'd hate to lose her to low voltage, but I check before EVERY flight anyways. Decisions decisions.

IMAC FANATIC

Trying a different approach to the vent for diaphragm on carb. I've read that it should be run to static air ,not flowing air ,so I ran a xlg id viton line to motor box, easily disassembled if I don't like it. My other engine DA 170, just has a short piece if fuel line, 1", on it running straight down and works fine. Also added a heat shield sock around it and fuel line, never melted a line before but sure can't hurt, re3s seem to run hotter than cans and 2 grams of protection seems worth the effort. Anybody else run theirs like this ? Started a thread on this method , some do, some don't.

Attachments

• 20141205_232145.jpg
    20141205_232145.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 20141205_232157.jpg
    20141205_232157.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 20141205_232124.jpg
    20141205_232124.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 226

IMAC FANATIC

I started a thread on this question in fueled engines section but thought I'd ask here too.
Want to use Spektrum T-1000 telemetry unit for Rx voltage, temp and RPM but pick up unit online is for glo .90 engine only.. No gas /DA type to order. Anyone know how to make this work for a gas twin ? Can I use spektrum optical unit I have and simply convert the Jr lead to small t-1000 3 wire lead without frying the while system? RPM is not critical , would just be nice to add . Rx voltage, temp and G unit works perfect. Could swear I saw a gas pick up unit for these before. Thanks guys.