• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
MattyMatt;17660 wrote: BINGO! Biggest sponsor by far. WORK!

No pay, no play. Lol.
Some day, when you're old and wise...err....gray....you get retarded....ooops....retired!

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Ok, getting back on track slowly. 

Lower wings are aligned to the tail of the fuse and the incidence is set. The fuse was straight and no adjustments were needed.  

There re is about an 1/8 of an inch gap the last third of where the root rib meets the fuse, so I'll add some wood to keep the wing from shifting. 

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I've been working on the fuse slowly the last few weeks.  The bottom stringers are completed; and the bottom wing incidence and alignment is set.  The wing tube is glued in and there was a gap on the back of both root ribs.  I used some plastic against the fuse and some hysol on the root rib to eliminate the gap.  This is important to keep the wings from moving around during flight.

Last night i started the top of the fuse, which is a simple former and stringer construction.  The canopy is in place to align the front former and the turtle deck former angle.

Next is to glue on the vertical stabilizer and finish the turtle deck stringers.  

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0407.JPG

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

This evening I used a router to round all the stab leading and trailing edges. 

Then in aligned the verticle stab, and glued it in place.