• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Hey Reyn,

I love you M12. The solo would be pretty cool. Have you tried the Fiala? Those are the best for the valachs, and may be worth trying in the Moki.

So, Gotz is a good buddy of mine and of course carries and services, Moki, Valach, and Kolm. The Valach are know to be powerhouses even their radials are nuts with power... And they come with a $ as well. Lol

reyn3545

100cc
I thought about a Valach a year or so ago, only to find out that they were going out of business, so I stayed away. I have heard good things about the 210, and I know Goetz will do anything possible to take care of folks.

So, I guess someone has re-started the company by now.... this hobby needs a couple of good, dependable 4-stroke brands. I actually bought one of the Evolution 260 motors for the Pitts originally... had so many problems just trying to get it to run reliably that I sold it and bought the Moki. So far, it's been very dependable.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I wondered what happened to your Evo 260... Before I left Horizon I almost bought one for a scale project.

Kolm is doing some pretty incredible new engines. One may be actually what will be in the challenger. ;-)

reyn3545

100cc
I just couldn't bring myself to put that plane in the air with a motor that I couldn't trust. Not to mention that it was constantly leaking burnt oil from the exhaust tubes. I bought it because I assumed that HH had done their share of testing and would stand behind it... they did their best to stand behind it, but I think it still has a couple years of debugging before it's ready for market. Others have had a great experience with it, but many had the same issues as me. Again, I really hope they get the issues resolved, the hobby needs choices on these big 4 strokes.

I love the Kolm motors.. never had one, but one year at our warbird event, someone brougnt in a huge P-51 that had a Kolm on it... tons of power, and the thing sounded amazing!

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Not too much time to work on it today. Put the bottom stringers in, and ready to do all the cross bracing next.

10945=4438-image.jpg
10945=4438-image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
11406=4584-image.jpg
11406=4584-image.jpg

11406=4585-image.jpg
11406=4585-image.jpg

11406=4586-image.jpg
11406=4586-image.jpg
Ok, working on the cross bracing, the first and second bays are done with 8x8mm balsa, and are X braced. The rest is in a zig zag pattern and is done with 6x6mm balsa. The verticle bracing is done with 6x6mm balsa until you get to the bays with the X brace.