• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

*****Members, We would like your input on advertising banners.*****

SleepyC

150cc
Ok, obviously to make it out to shows and afford to do cool things the site has to produce revenue. This is not a secret or a hidden agenda. As much as I am a hippy, money enables coolstuff to happen.

BUT.. we would like your input.

We are designing the advertising system here on GSN and it's not going to be crazy. There will not be 2000 ads all over the site. There will be no NON-hobby ads (except maybe camping gear as it relates to what we do every weekend)

What I want to know.. as a member base do you mind the animated ads or would you prefer still images.

After all these years doing this, it's one question I did not have an answer to.

SO, please vote on the poll, and help us create a site that you will truly love.

Thanks in advance!

SC

anndenn

New to GSN!
What matters most to me is that whatever you end up doing doesn't detract from the forum itself.

If the adverts take over the site in such a way as to make the forums hard to read or they cause the site to be too slow, the member interest will wane.

I am also a member on a number of "Non RC" forums in which the adverts make the forums hard to read (especially on smartphones or in an office where "play" screens are often kept to a minimal size). Those forums tend to become fairly inactive quickly.

BTW - This looks like it's gonna be a cool place to hang.

SleepyC

150cc
Absolutely.

We will have just a few locations that will not take away from the text or interaction of the forum.

I HATE as in "can't stand" ads in the middle of the forum, or between posts.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ok, i can say it now......

i hate blinking and animated ads when i'm surfing sites. over at multirotorforums.com we don't allow animated ads except for the smallest side column ads. personally, i think that the more ads try to get your attention the more guys will tune them out. IMHO.

having said that, if you guys don't mind them then the vote will carry the decision. it's the American way. :)

Bart

wizard

30cc
I for one hate the animated adds. They are a pain in the backside. There are many sites that have so many multi-layered adds that it takes a page so long to load on a slower internet connection that I will just close the page before I ever see any content that I was looking for in the first place.