• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motorcycles?

2014-08-04 00.42.39.png
View attachment 15212 here's my old 2009 Dyna Super Glide Custom. some more of the wifes bike also.
Fxdc1.jpg

Fxdc2.jpg
View attachment 15212

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Went to look at a bike yesterday I have been deeply curious about since its stripped down naked brother came out.

fj-09.jpg

It's an FJ-09, the more adventure sport version of the FZ-09. Has the same inline triple powerplant as the FZ, but less brutal on the sensitive throttle part (or so I've been told). Plus it has more standard features like adjustable seat and the all important LED headlights :yesss:

Sat on one at a dealership yesterday and it felt just glovely. The dealer I want to work with seems to want to bend me over on rates so I'm going to talk to my own bank today and see if I can't get a better deal through them. They did say they would toss in a new helmet and jacket though... Set my KLR aside for now so I can rebuild it.

EDIT: Went to another dealer (the one that actually had them) last night and chatted with one of the sales guy. He worked with the figures I wanted and said he could come close to those. If he hold true to his word, I'll take it home today..

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Suppose I should chime back in here...

The second dealer I went to decided they wanted to up the rates even higher, so I went back to the first dealer who pulled out all the stops and yanked all the strings to get me onto the bike. Sold my KLR and went down a day later and signed for it, down payment in hand. Took her home later that day, and that was back in the beginning of May.

Here she is just last week getting a new rear tire put on after 5400 miles.
20150904_172750.jpg

And one of my usual weekend cruises to watch the sunset.
20150602_195029.jpg

Ride it every day to work, love the power and handling. Seat is a bit stiff though..