• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MX2 or G202

reyn3545

100cc
Did you decide on a wing yet?

I bought an un-built CARF MX-2 a week or so ago, along with a 3W 157 CS Twin Spark.  Starting to fit the motor last night, I realized why the earlier owner gave up.  The carb on the 157 hangs down so far that it hits the bottom of the cowl.

So, I had to cut a hole in the cowl for the carb to stick through.  It doesn't look as bad as I expected it to, almost invisible from the side, but when the choke butterfly is open, it does stick down into "open" air... probably not the best for dust control or carb performance.

So, I think I'm going to get a small clamshell vent (for a boat) and mount it on the inside of the cowl,  That should give me a pretty clean line on the outside, and I can paint it to match the cowl.  Hope it works!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Terryscustom said
Simple solution! Design both wings and find a common wing tube location that will work with both sets of wings and make it interchangeable!!!!!! That way you have the option of building either or both. You could even set the plane up with both, create two programs in your TX and have an external bind plug port on the plane so you could fly whichever you feel like that day.

:fist-pump-and-yes-s

What size plane are you designing??
lakerider8 said
I plan on building both wings. Lots of build time coming up soon.

Sweet idea. Not many people think of this when it comes to airframes that share common likenesses. 

lowdown

30cc
Any updates Lakerider?
Would love to see a Giles wing I also had a 40% WH Giles and was one of the best
flyers I have had!