Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Working on the 2nd aileron tonight.

Attached Files:

2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Are the ailerons built separate from the main wing? Or are the two built as one then separated?

dhal22 likes this.
  3. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I'm glad your keeping the build to scale. Lots of guys bash this kit with a semi-symmetrical or symmetrical wing and zero it with the stab so they fly like an Extra 300. That's really cool and all but I like em scale.

stangflyer likes this.
  4. dhal22

Ailerons ribs are cut out from the wing ribs then assembled separately.

Snoopy1 and stangflyer like this.
  5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Ah! Thought so.

6. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Talk about being late to the show. . . . . . . :laughing:. I will follow you here, as well @dhal22. :yesss:

49dimes, stangflyer and dhal22 like this.
  7. dhal22

Tighten up. :msn_slap:

49dimes and stangflyer like this.
  8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I missed this one or no reminder but just spent the last 30 minuets catching up looks like is going to be a nice real scale bird. Nice to see you take the time to do full kit build. It is looking great and it looks like you are really moving along. Keep up the good work.

stangflyer, 49dimes and dhal22 like this.
  9. dhal22

Thanks, busy week plus waiting on some materials so slowed down some.

Attached Files:

10. dhal22

Nothing like building on glass. Dead flat, every time. Trailing edge of aileron......

20180224_163615.jpg

stangflyer, 49dimes, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.