Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    I agree with you started working on glass a number of years back and I will never build on anything else. Love it everything ends square and straight.

stangflyer, dhal22 and 49dimes like this.
  2. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Ailerons are largely done. Need to figure out how to square the hinges and test mount them before I cap the top of the ailerons. The first hinge attempt is pretty poor.

Attached Files:

stangflyer likes this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    When I was building my Decathlon I had to build something very similar and it just would not look like I wanted it to. But what I did find was some U shape aluminum channel and cut it up so that it would do the trick and it looked good. I just cannot remember where I got it but if I do I will let you know.

stangflyer and dhal22 like this.
  4. dhal22

Plans call for doublers to be 1/8 smaller than the rib and the one that came with the kit is slightly smaller. Plus it appears that the thickness should be 3/16" not 1/8". I will cut some and take a look.

Attached Files:

stangflyer likes this.
  5. dhal22

That's a great idea. I was going to build a metal brake of some sort but will look for that 1st . thanks

6. dhal22

Lowe's has 1/4 x 1/4 aluminum channel. I'll get that this week. Thx

stangflyer likes this.
  7. dhal22

Cutting the end former.

20180225_115309.jpg

Snoopy1, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. dhal22

Bouncing around today. Cut a trial wing strut in aluminum but not sure it's strong enough.

20180225_130341.jpg

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. dhal22

More little things today.

Attached Files:

49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  10. dhal22

Found u channel at Lowe's today. It is very close to being perfect size. Thanks again.

20180225_173449.jpg