• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Airframe Ideas

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Naaa..... I will get one of my buddies Mooooookieeeees one of these days. Maybe for a huge round cowled -47 Razor Back. But for now, I am just lovin' every bit of this new world I just got hooked on. I can go back to burnin' circles in the skies with warbirds when I am old. Umm...when I am "REALLY" old. LOL

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I appreciate everyones input. This is great. Just honest and open suggestions. I like the idea of a Raven. Still really up in the air for the bigger airframe for the 170. But pretty sure I want to find a smaller twin 3dub for one of the Viper ST's later this year. I think that is pretty much a definite now.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I really like my pilot extra 260. Does everything i ask of it and more. Handles stress great also. I ball that plane up almost as hard as i do 100cc stuff.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I really like my pilot extra 260. Does everything i ask of it and more. Handles stress great also. I ball that plane up almost as hard as i do 100cc stuff.
I would consider a 260, but I have my SD, which is basically the Pilot from a few years ago. And you're so right. It will do "ANYTHING" you ask of it. And then some. :banana-dance:

nebwake

70cc twin V2
If you like the big canopy, the 300 looks nice also. I have seen a few of the 100cc ones around here and they seem great. Im sure the big one is just as good.

yakken

100cc
You will love the pilot 37.5 yak. Its a little less floaty than the pilot extras which isnt a bad thing. They are rock solid in all aspects of slow 3d flight. They also have great aileron authority like the extras. You will want the tail flappers moving as far as they will go. [emoji106]

I appreciate everyones input. This is great. Just honest and open suggestions. I like the idea of a Raven. Still really up in the air for the bigger airframe for the 170. But pretty sure I want to find a smaller twin 3dub for one of the Viper ST's later this year. I think that is pretty much a definite now.
I might have you covered on that. A 3W 106 model.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You will love the pilot 37.5 yak. Its a little less floaty than the pilot extras which isnt a bad thing. They are rock solid in all aspects of slow 3d flight. They also have great aileron authority like the extras. You will want the tail flappers moving as far as they will go. [emoji106]
I really like the Yak 54 from Pilot. My friend Chris out here in Idaho has a 35%'er with a DLE 120 and it is just crazy fun to watch him fly that thing. Now I must admit, it must be his extreme skill because that thing will float like a feather. Rock solid and it will also flat get with the program and haul the mail like no ones' business. Crisp, precise and accurate when he does his ten foot take off and immediately goes into a full powered on the deck knife edge take off. Waterfalls are so slow and calculated it is just mind boggling. I guess it helps being an Apache pilot huh? LOL.

I really can't get any warm fuzzies for the Yak 55. Something about it just don't appeal to me. But then again, to each his own right? I know what I have to fly now are some good airframes. But really looking for out of the ordinary I guess.