• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

Smitty

50cc
Glad you like it! I like mine also. Where do you have yours balanced , I am in the middle of the wing tube.---Smitty

Tseres

150cc
I changed the engine from the MVVS to a DA-60 over a mont ago. I can't believe i missed updating you here.

After I finished my 35-cc PAU Extra I decided to take the MVVS out cause I was having trouble starting it after the first run. I wasn't having any fun with it that way. I had a DA-60 so I swapped them out. I put the balance back on the middle of the tube. Had to get a new prop and I put in a Foam pilot from Aircraft international. Also switched out the fuel tank with the new PAU Clear tank. Those will be coming in the new planes from now on. I conned him into selling me one and shipping it with my Extra. :) The DA engine is a little smaller so the fit is not as pretty as it was but it should work fine. It's going to be a while before the remaiden. I have 3 planes to get in the air and the Sukhoi is the 4th. I loaned out the transmitter to a friend so I slotted this in the last spot. Its so nice to be talking about flying again.

DSC_0214.JPG
DSC_0215.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1654.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG
IMG_1655.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Glad you like it! I like mine also. Where do you have yours balanced , I am in the middle of the wing tube.---Smitty

Turns out my cg is just aft of center of the wing tube. Flies OK but has a tendency to hunt up and down on the elevator on approach. I've got to get it back in the vanessa rig and figure out how I'm going to move it forward a little. With the DA50 the batteries are already at the front of the motor box. Once I figure out how much additional weight I need I'll have to find something like a heavier prop, spinner, batteries, or something. Anybody have any ideas?

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I should have added that Tom's baffling and an engine sticker idea might be all I need. First I want to find out how much more weight I need.

Smitty

50cc
I added 2 washers about 3/4 in. in dia. under all the standoffs. It moved the engine forward about 1/8 in., moving that much weight just a little will do a lot. My was really pitch sensitive also with the cg to far to the rear of the tube. I was landing it on low rates but the last 2 flights I did just fine on high rates.---Smitty

Tseres

150cc
You can make a ring out of plywood. whatever thickness you want to try to move the engine forward. You may need to move the Cowl forward also. Don't know how much space you have to move the cowl. But I would try that first. If you move the engine first you will have to cut clearance in the bottom of the cowl to clear the engine. I added a 1/2 lb of led to my fire wall with the 60. That was only because I didn't want to put any more holes into things. The DA- 60 weighed a 1/2 lb less then the MVVS. I wish I could tell you how that worked out but it will be a while before I can fly it.

Smitty

50cc
When I moved the engine forward 1/8th of a inch I didn't need to do anything to the cowl. I had the prop hub 1/2 in. from cowl so it just moved the engine to now having 5/8 clearance. Tom I used a lot of your mod on this plane, thanks for sharing.---Smitty