• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I finished setting the engine. Ended up with 1 1/4 in. for the backset on the MVVS. I will probably switch out the wooden standoffs with aluminum before I fly it. What I have is fine for finishing the build.

Set the cowl back a little bit. I was told the round cowl planes like a little more clearance then I was used to... Put the 3 blade 25 in. prop on there just for looks and to check the backset on the cowl. Sure looks great on there. Wish the motor would pull that prop. I'm going to try a 24-9 Falcon on there first. I'm digging into the unknown with this engine but I'm sure it will be great when I get it set up and ironed out.

put the plane together for the first time. I still have the side windows to mount then finish cutting the cowl for cooling and the muffler.

View attachment 6151View attachment 6152View attachment 6153View attachment 6154View attachment 6155View attachment 6156View attachment 6157View attachment 6158View attachment 6159View attachment 6158
Looking good Tom!
It looks like the Sukhoi is celebrating Christmas in the garage...it will probably find a spinner under the tree?:)

Tseres

150cc
I cut the clearance in the Cowl last night. The muffler is off center a little but thats ok. You can't see it while its on the ground. :)

Colton suggested that I need at least flip flops on this thing. I looked for the spats a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't find them. Bingo. today it came to me that it was right where I put it 5 yrs. ago. In the bottom of the used tire bin. I need to make a new bracket and it will work just fine.

DSC_0010.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0013.JPG

Last edited:

Tseres

150cc
PAU is one of the more scale ARFs when it comes to aerobatic planes. Just like on their Edge they give you a side window that you have the option of installing. This is one of the things that sets them apart from the other manufacturers. I decided to go with the side windows. The window gets set in a pocket. For this reason I don't want to tape it in place. The fit is excellent so I just used the Formula 560 canopy glue and set it in there. I laid the plane on its side so the glue would have an easier time staying in place. It takes 3 hours for the glue to set up enough to handle. I'l finish and glue in the other side after the glue sets up. I takes 24 hours for it to cure and it dries clear.

PS. I put a light inside to illuminate the area to be cutout. Makes the rough cut easier.

Also. If you guys are looking for a Falcon 24-9 prop. Everyone in the country is out. Bobs Hobby Center in Orlando http://thercresource.com/ just got a shipment in. They will have it on the web as soon as they get to inventory the shipment.

DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0020.JPG DSC_0021.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I need to put the windows in mine yet, summer and projects just got away from me. Like the spats, I almost ordered some but passed on it.....looks nice.

Tseres

150cc
I know I'm a little camera happy today. I promise thats all for today... Got one bracket about 90% finished Looks like its going to work. Glued the second window in. I had to weigh it down to hold the corners in.

DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0024.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0028.JPG