• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I use the 1283's on my Carden yak on A123's. They have been perfect. After I get the PAU ultimate the sukhoi is next!

Tseres

150cc
I have the second wing hinges epoxied into the wing only. While that is drying I picked out the tape from the first wing. These hinges are turning out to be the best I've ever done. I think its the routine partially, but mostly because I'm taking my time.

Yes. Christmas is alive and well in Toms Shop. :)
DSC_0138.JPG DSC_0139.JPG DSC_0140.JPG DSC_0141.JPG DSC_0142.JPG DSC_0143.JPG

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I hope I can do that nice of hingeing job on my build. I'm trying to get my aileron LE sanded just right so the TE matches up with the wing TE. With the robarts how much of a hinge gap should a person figure in if done properly?

Tseres

150cc
The gap should be as small as possible and you can still get maximum surface deflection... Hope that helps... There is no set size. I'm going to seal the gap with monocoat. I'll take some close up pictures when the time comes.

Tseres

150cc
It's time for some bling. Had to go to the LHS today so I picked these Sullivan wheels up. They are medium priced wheel and have a little bling to them. I'm using the same ones on the 35% PAU Edge and they are holding up great... I have a tendency to be rough on wheels. the original Edge wheels got chewed up by the wheel pants when I didn't notice that the collar came loose. Now I put flat spot on every axle that I have. That thought me not to be lazy in that area. LOL

I upped the size of the wheel from 3.5 to 4 in. I thought that the 3.5 looked to small on here. Plus there are no wheel pants on the Sukhoi so I had to put something shiny on there.

I like it.
smile.gif

After I put the wheels together I finished gluing the last aileron. Then mounted the wheels and the plane looked big to me so put the canopy and taped the cowl on. Took a couple of pictures. It sure looks big for a 30 % plane.

DSC_0144.JPG DSC_0145.JPG DSC_0146.JPG DSC_0147.JPG DSC_0148.JPG DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0150.JPG DSC_0151.JPG DSC_0152.JPG

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
When you get the plane together the 4" are perfect. Nice choice BTW, I really like those wheels on all my planes that I don't do the WR wheels. For hinge gap I normally bend the surface just a hair beyond the max deflection I expect to get when done, then tape at that angle and use tape on the other side to pull the gap tight. When dry and tape is removed there is a gap left that is sealed with your preferred method.

Tseres

150cc
When you get the plane together the 4" are perfect. Nice choice BTW, I really like those wheels on all my planes that I don't do the WR wheels. For hinge gap I normally bend the surface just a hair beyond the max deflection I expect to get when done, then tape at that angle and use tape on the other side to pull the gap tight. When dry and tape is removed there is a gap left that is sealed with your preferred method.

That's how I do it also.