• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 35% Extra 300SP Opinions

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
For you that have one or have flown one of the PAU 35% Extra 300sp, what are your opinions? Does it 3D well? I know it should fly IMAC well, just curious on the 3D side. I have seen plenty of videos of pilots flying it, but traits does it have that you like/don't like?

Tseres

150cc
Torquerolljoe;5348 wrote: For you that have one or have flown one of the PAU 35% Extra 300sp, what are your opinions? Does it 3D well? I know it should fly IMAC well, just curious on the 3D side. I have seen plenty of videos of pilots flying it, but traits does it have that you like/don't like?

My favorite subject. 35% PAU Extra...

I had one of the first production Extras sold. Had it till last Fall. Sold it to get a bigger IMAC plane. Big mistake. Bigger plane is great but I miss my Extra. It's a great flying plane. I used mine mostly for IMAC but it 3-Ds great. Many examples on you tube. A friend asked me just 2 days ago that if I could have only one plane what would it be. I told him a 35% PAU Extra. What I like about it so much is that it does everything well and it looks great also.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Tseres;5373 wrote: My favorite subject. 35% PAU Extra...

I had one of the first production Extras sold. Had it till last Fall. Sold it to get a bigger IMAC plane. Big mistake. Bigger plane is great but I miss my Extra. It's a great flying plane. I used mine mostly for IMAC but it 3-Ds great. Many examples on you tube. A friend asked me just 2 days ago that if I could have only one plane what would it be. I told him a 35% PAU Extra. What I like about it so much is that it does everything well and it looks great also.

You are right! It is a fantastic looking plane!! And the hardware that they show to come with it is awesome!! I wanted a EF 104" Extra but I am not sure now. Did the plane have any bad characteristics?

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I've been flying mine for three years now and I love it! NO BAD CHARACTERISTICS with this plane!

Regards,

Astro

DLampron

New to GSN!
I have been flying the 100cc Extra for 100 year now, It is my main freestyle plane, along with my every week for fun plane. This airplane is very precises I recently tried it inia round of unlimited IMAC and it handled it fine. To answer you question about any bad characteristics, the answer is after a year of flying the airplane and learning it I have not found a single one. The plane is very stable in any attitude. One thing I find that I really love about the plane is the control authority that you get at very low speed the ailerons are always responsive, while it can also be slowed and feel like a 40% airplane, This airplane has very little coupling. The 100cc Extra can also be flown very aggressive and fast. I have pushed the airplane very hard and it just does exactly what I am expecting it to do. If you watch YouTube videos of anyone flying it you can see how well it flies. Gabby, Spencer, and myself have pushed this extra and its a very good choice plane for anyone who wants an airplane that looks very scale and does everything from 3D to precision very well.

Dean L.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Thanks all for the input. I have seen many YouTube videos of it, but you can't see bad habits in videos. At least I can't. So your input is much appreciated and this will more than likely be on order this week!

Thanks

DLampron

New to GSN!
I think you'll very happy with it! If you have any questions about the build and set up feel free to ask.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Please do a build / assembly thread so I can send my wife an e-mail with a link to it for a Christmas gift idea:shaking-hands-smile

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
That's funny! You know she will get it for you without a link.

I just have to cut the cowl on mine and set the throws, all the the rest is done. Too many flying plans this weekend to get it done but I should be able to get it done next weekend. It looks like a really nice plane, and very light weight.

Gabriel Altuz

New to GSN!
Torquerolljoe;5348 wrote: For you that have one or have flown one of the PAU 35% Extra 300sp, what are your opinions? Does it 3D well? I know it should fly IMAC well, just curious on the 3D side. I have seen plenty of videos of pilots flying it, but traits does it have that you like/don't like?

Hello,

The PAU Extra 300sp 100cc is still the greatest plane I have flown in the 100cc class. This plane has all the touch I like: awesome precision, very nice 3D, very stable for landing, super strong wings, lightweight, scale looks, snaps are crisp and the plane last long.

BTW, the service with PAU is incredible too! All the people I know that own PAU's always say the same from this company.

I'm sure you will be happy with this plane.

Regards