• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 35% Extra 300SP Opinions

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
mndless;7787 wrote: Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday... "oh dear, I don't need anything... but.. I was looking at..." sent her the link to the PAU Extra...

If she fails me, I'll just order it anyway !!! ;)

Will you have it done before Joe Nall?

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Yep... she has two weeks... :livid: otherwise, come first of Sept I'll order it... :chuncky:

I'll have it done in a few months...

Lol so after all of this nonsense with my Extra, I still need to order more parts for the thing, another standoff because the one that was on the plane mysteriously disappeared, servo matching from smartfly for the elevators, a hv throttle servo, and a regulator for the Da120 ignition. Any suggestions for the regulator?

Trevor

Bipeguy03

150cc
mooneyrocket;8390 wrote: Lol so after all of this nonsense with my Extra, I still need to order more parts for the thing, another standoff because the one that was on the plane mysteriously disappeared, servo matching from smartfly for the elevators, a hv throttle servo, and a regulator for the Da120 ignition. Any suggestions for the regulator?

Trevor

Smart-Fly has an Ignition regulator, they also have a regulated Fiber-Optic Kill switch. I have the 3amp ignition regulator in my Pitts, works great and is pretty cheap!

8516=3123-image.jpg
8516=3123-image.jpg
Ok so today is the first time I'm actually spending time on the bird, just been busy, work, Wakeboarding, hanging out with buds, motorcycles and girls lol, I got all the servos in for all control surfaces, now hooking up ball links and pushrods for the ailerons.

Bipeguy03

150cc
mooneyrocket;8516 wrote:
8516=3123-image.jpg
8516=3123-image.jpg
Ok so today is the first time I'm actually spending time on the bird, just been busy, work, Wakeboarding, hanging out with buds, motorcycles and girls lol, I got all the servos in for all control surfaces, now hooking up ball links and pushrods for the ailerons.

Got to be careful with those girls...... They take all your airplane money! lol

Dan767

70cc twin V2
mooneyrocket;8390 wrote: Lol so after all of this nonsense with my Extra, I still need to order more parts for the thing, another standoff because the one that was on the plane mysteriously disappeared, servo matching from smartfly for the elevators, a hv throttle servo, and a regulator for the Da120 ignition. Any suggestions for the regulator?

Trevor

Trevor, Not sure why you need any servo matching device on the elevators. The Futaba 14SG you have can do this for you. When you choose airplane type, the option for the tail type is there as well, Select the "AILVATOR" function and all the matching will be done through your radio.

Dan

Dan767;8671 wrote: Trevor, Not sure why you need any servo matching device on the elevators. The Futaba 14SG you have can do this for you. When you choose airplane type, the option for the tail type is there as well, Select the "AILVATOR" function and all the matching will be done through your radio.

Dan
Dan!!!!! It's nice to hear from you! Really? Like there is options on the 8fg such as "2 ailerons 2 flaps" or "1 aileron" do you mean if you select one of those?

Trev