• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 35% Extra 300SP Opinions

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
AEROSHELDON;6125 wrote: Do you use SFG's all the time? How did you install them?

Those SFG's were improvised, and used only for the XFC by Gaby and Spencer both. They helped for a couple of the KNOWN maneuvers.

I am not sure how Spencer installed his this year.

Last year, Gaby's plane had two 4-40 blind nuts installed on each wing tip from the root ribs: tack the blind nut to a wood dowel, then engage the screw from the wing tip (takes two people) with a fender washer so not to crush the wood, then suck in the blind nut by tightening.

Myself, Gaby and Spencer all hate SFGs: they look ugly, and miles away from scale, even with the 10% rule: full scale Extras have zero SFG; 10% of zero is still zero:shouting-yes-smiley

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Terryscustom;5564 wrote: Please do a build / assembly thread so I can send my wife an e-mail with a link to it for a Christmas gift idea:shaking-hands-smile

I'll see if I can get a build thread going once I get it. I have built many planes over the years, just have never documented one! This could be my first assembly/build thread!

Astrohog;7188 wrote: Hey Trevor! You finally made it!!

Got any video of you huckin that Extra yet?

Astro
I made it! I went to the field Saturday to see Geno and Jason and they told me about it. Not a bad site Sleepy! Nope haven't got that extra up yet lol, I got the servos in it, not sure where the one swb standoff went, I have 3 only now. Haven't had time to work on her because I'm working at the marina and the boat shop like every day! Got to pay off dad for the PAU lol! After I need to buy a truck for the winter and to haul the bird around. She might be a winter build, I'll be working on it with both Geno and Jason as they build their new planes.

Let's see some build threads and pics of this beauty plane! Hope you are doing well Astrohog! And all the boys!

Trev

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday... "oh dear, I don't need anything... but.. I was looking at..." sent her the link to the PAU Extra...

If she fails me, I'll just order it anyway !!! ;)