• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Some weight measure for what I believe will be the dry weight total for this plane.....

Fuse w/engine, prop, spinner, canopy/cowl and 14oz fuel tank= 10lbs 3oz

Large Pro flow, 2n1 header and coupler= 1lb 5oz

Wings and wing tube= 2lbs 14oz

Stabs w/elevators, stab tube and rudder= 1lb

Ignition, 5000mah flight battery (2s Lipo), switch and fuel dot= 1lb

6 HV HT digital servos and required extensions + receiver= 1lb

Hardware and servo arms= 8oz

Total= 17lbs 14oz.........Take off weight should be close to or under 19 pounds.:)

@ericb was getting 41 pounds thrust with same motor and prop (new) With his 20 pound EF 94 MXSR.

Ahhhhh! That coveted 2:1 thrust to weight ratio should be slightly exceeded!:big-grin:.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Whew! It finally arrived.....
Snapshot_20150922.JPG
Snapshot_20150922_1.JPG
Snapshot_20150922_2.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just waiting on a new set of reeds coming from DA. Oh.....And my A/C getting replaced:face-palm:.

Once I have:cool:in the shop I will do the new reeds and get the exhaust done.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Some progress! But......Going to have to over come header drop and off set. The 2n1 header comes in a short or long drop. Short is 50mm and the long is 70mm. Of course I have the short but it is not short enough. I measured and found that a 35mm drop would put it center of the pipe tunnel. Facing the engine, the off set is to the left about 20 degrees which is marginal and can be delt with.
I will probably re-solder the flanges so a 35mm drop can be achieved. Another problem is that a large pro flow can is to large in diameter to fit in the pipe tunnel and air frame modification is out of the question for the bottom of the pipe tunnel is also where the landing gear plate is . I found that a Grieves pipe for 70 to 80 cc cylinders will fit. So I have been communicating with GSN members and may have found a supplier in the classifieds. I robbed the tail wheel from this ARF to put on my Edge but I did find in my clutter of parts the necessary items to fashion one that looks similar to the new ones China is making for SDS, Hobby King etc...

1014150508-00.jpg
1014150509-00.jpg
1014150509-01.jpg
1014150511-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have been racking my brain over the "exhaust" set up on this air frame. One could barely squeeze a couple of small canisters for a twin but this plane was obviously built for a single 60cc class engine. I am going to put my modeling experience to the test and use the 2n1 header to make a 2n1 pitts muffler! Yep! A pitts muffler for a twin! Wish me luck.