• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
i have been following this thread to hear dime's exhaust. i know for sure a lot of you guys were like WTF but can tell you one thing about dimes. the guy does know wtf he is doing (most of the time) heh

i think dimes needs to go into teenie weenie muffler production!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thank you guys! And this is no BS........I developed an inverted dual stack muffler for the original YS F120. These are now called pitts style mufflers! My prototypes were made of thin wall copper and copper fittings silver braised together. You cant see it in this picture but it is there. Never could get the financial backing to put them in to production or get the patent. But the design is quite well known now with other great manufactories.

Inverted YS Davis muffler in Goldberg Extra 300........
Snapshot_20150501.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sig coverall and dope. Poly Paints urethane. 11 1/2 pounds at take off. Flew like a pattern ship but had much more tumbling authority allowing some really nice Lomcevak's . Far cry from the amazing air frames we have today. And engines! :).

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I was studying the vid and saw the set screw let go at 3:03. The 70 just new that it did not need no stinking baffle!

Any one see where the screw went? Could use it! I CHEAP!:laughing:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Windy and very cool temps today so no maiden yet. Hope to get out before the Holiday. In the mean time I ran the engine a couple more times and got a nice 1400 rpm idle. I can get it lower to 1100 or so but it shakes a bit much since the wings are not on the fuse. Will get a WOT and thrust measurement when I go to maiden. It looks as if this 2n1 custom muffler is a viable option for a twin in a plane designed around a single cylinder engine.

Attachments

• 2n1 Muffler 2.jpg
    2n1 Muffler 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 2n1 Muffler.jpg
    2n1 Muffler.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 178

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just some info about the muffler if any one else might want to try this.....

DA 2 in to 1 short drop header, 1" copper street 90 el, 25mm Teflon coupler, 4-40 button hex caps 3/16"long.
Heavy duty yellow Teflon tape to wrap the header to copper joint. I also used a wrap of cellophane tape to keep the Teflon from unraveling. The header outlet was cut back 1.25 inches for clearance reasons.

Some benefits......

1) Allows the use of a twin cylinder engine, on a single cylinder design, with out the use of in cowls.
2) Allows much better access to the carburetor needles and arms.
3) Light weight.
4) Sound levels at or less than "in cowls" (IMO sounds like a single cylinder 60cc motor on stock muffler).