• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Permatex

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I just use what I have in my truck mainly Cat sealants. The minute I receive an engine the first thing I do is throw away the exhaust gasket. I have never used an exhaust gasket for any engine going back many, many, years. Any good sealant will work! in the earlier post I see the bottle of red lock tight on the bottle it states Use heat to loosen or remove bolts DAAAA! . On the bottle it states HEAT OR SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED FOR DISSASSEMBLY.

Heat is provided by the exhaust. Special tool is provided by the countless number of allen wrenches accumulated over the years.
Red will ash after the engine heat cycles. So removing the bolts is a non issue. Unless you forgot the gasket ;-)

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
I never use a gasket since it burns and loos it's thickness so I just apply some red regular permatex on both sides not before I sand the surface of both the header and cylinder and then let it dry for an hour or so and only then tighten the bolts.
Works like a charm and never had a leek or a loos bolt. I use a MVVS 175 with stock cans and I'll tell you what, some times it's very hot.
Thanks to Bryan Zang, he got the credit for that.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Be careful which silicone you use some of the red permatex silicone is very corrosive and will attack the aluminum services. I use this white cat high temp silicone that is non corrosive to aluminum

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Thanks for the info, I guess its non corrosive. Using it for a wile with no issues but I will get more attention to that now. Thanks.