• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looking AWESOME brother! :way_to_go:
Aww...thanks. I appreciate your comment Mike. Means a lot.

What are you sanding? The paint? Strip it with Citristrip, awesome stuff.

http://www.citristrip.com/
Hmm, well there I go. Was hoping someone or Doug would chime in with a little suggestive help. Ugh, hate sanding old paint off. I have to strip the canopy too. Will this also work for that without damaging it?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've stripped early 80s painted fiberglass classic pattern planes several times. Let the citristrip sit long enough and it will bubble the paint right off the fiberglass. Sometimes a second attempt is required.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This stuff will strip any paint quickly, including the gelcoat if left on long.

Attachments

• 418NxNu76LL.jpg
    418NxNu76LL.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 200

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok I have a question why are you trying to remove every last piece of paint from the cowl. If you just give it a good sanding job and it all smooth and you do not need to fill any pinhole why is that not good enough.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well gents, it goes something like this. I attempted doing a simple sand then using Wings West paint. It was a terrible and horrible mess. I am not about to take a chance with over a hundred dollars worth of paint. I'm not that good of a painter to start with. Now let's suppose "someone" we all know pretty well were to offer to sponsor the sanding and painting? Hmmm.... lol