• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A small update... more covering and more stars....
I really didn't like the angle of the silver stars. So thanks to my awesome son, @Shayne Epley I now have more uniform silver stars. I think it looks so much better.
20180531_203712.jpg 20180531_203729.jpg 20180531_204017.jpg

One wing to go. We're getting there.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well gents, it goes something like this. I attempted doing a simple sand then using Wings West paint. It was a terrible and horrible mess. I am not about to take a chance with over a hundred dollars worth of paint. I'm not that good of a painter to start with. Now let's suppose "someone" we all know pretty well were to offer to sponsor the sanding and painting? Hmmm.... lol
Can't say that a blame you there. When you don't know just what your painting over it's a better safe than sorry situation.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Thanks, I'm shooting for the end of June. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Looks like you will be done before I get my fuse in. Talked to Chief couple days ago who talked to Tony and I had to give serial number off my wing to determine correct fuse. Did not know there was a V1 and V2 fuse of the V2 330 o_O. I'm looking at September now :(.
:) Good news is we will have stunning photos of yours! :big_yes:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looks like you will be done before I get my fuse in. Talked to Chief couple days ago who talked to Tony and I had to give serial number off my wing to determine correct fuse. Did not know there was a V1 and V2 fuse of the V2 330 o_O. I'm looking at September now :(.
:) Good news is we will have stunning photos of yours! :big_yes:
Good to hear Kelly. Yup, production codes do help in ordering replacement parts. Thankfully Tony keeps everyone straight on correct versions. I'll bet you're excited to get the new fuse. Surely you'll keep us posted on progress?!?

I definately will post more photos of the 330 as I proceed through the final steps of this restoration/covering project. Truth be known, I'm looking forward to having it done and flying.
43530.jpeg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok, here we go again fellas. I was actually going to sleep in since I have the weekend off. Yeah, no. Not so much. Apparently my natural internal alarm clock went off at 4 a.m., so here I am. Doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning house aaaaand.... covering the left wing for the 330. Got a good start on it so I am rewarding myself with a little bike ride to the puppy park. Pop Top needed the break too. Lol. I will jump back in on this in just a bit. But a few photos for now to wet your taste buds.

20180602_055121.jpg 20180602_055128.jpg 20180602_055156.jpg 20180602_074755.jpg 20180602_080835.jpg

Wiring in and bottom side complete. Next is the top skin and then the trim and stars. Stay tuned gents.