• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 40% 330 Recover and Build

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Good to hear Kelly. Yup, production codes do help in ordering replacement parts. Thankfully Tony keeps everyone straight on correct versions. I'll bet you're excited to get the new fuse. Surely you'll keep us posted on progress?!?

Looks like a nice job there. You got the covering worked around the hinges and horns nicely, bet that was a bit of pain to do. But looking good and making good progress.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not really a pain. Just time consuming. These 330 wings are the first I've seen with next to no structure around the horns. Simple blocks affixed to the aft side of the aileron leading edge. Covered at the factory "before" the horns are inserted, I can't see a problem. But since they are in place already, I had to be very careful to not let the covering over stretch in that area. My solution was to lay a support patch over the horn to strengthen that area.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Took a lil nappy earlier and now I'm up for a while. Might just as well do some covering right. Do I feel an all nighter coming on? Someone brew up a lot of "Joe" and keep my cup full.

Got a start and irons are still hot. Let's do this!

20180603_001602.jpg

Top skin down, time for the top aileron skin. Then some trim colors.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Wow... been a while since I pulled an all nighter! But I did it. Long about 5:30 I had the bottom stripes layed down on the 330 left wing. Wow... I've heard of seeing stars but never seen so many stripes. Gonna be a good lookin' Zebra I'm a thinking. Well, I hope it looks good. Lot of hard work for sure. Definately going to be a very long time until I take this kind of project on. Lol.

How bout a few photos?

20180603_035758.jpg 20180603_035811.jpg 20180603_051103.jpg 20180603_051142.jpg 20180603_051203.jpg

Grabbing a quick bite of breakfast, then will be back after it. Goal for today: covering except hatch done, wings and stabs servos installed and programmed, dress up the inside of the fuse and anything else I can find time for.

More to come fellas.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow... been a while since I pulled an all nighter! But I did it. Long about 5:30 I had the bottom stripes layed down on the 330 left wing. Wow... I've heard of seeing stars but never seen so many stripes. Gonna be a good lookin' Zebra I'm a thinking. Well, I hope it looks good. Lot of hard work for sure. Definately going to be a very long time until I take this kind of project on. Lol.

How bout a few photos?

View attachment 103580 View attachment 103581 View attachment 103582 View attachment 103583 View attachment 103585

Grabbing a quick bite of breakfast, then will be back after it. Goal for today: covering except hatch done, wings and stabs servos installed and programmed, dress up the inside of the fuse and anything else I can find time for.

More to come fellas.
Looks awesome Rob!