• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
BTW, I went to charge my batteries last night in the garage around 11pm...

20151117_005317.jpg

That's just some BS right there! :ghost: <<<--- I'm using the ghost smilie as a snowman!

I suggest you do some research on the discharge curve of the LiFe. Likely by the time you reached low voltage you were probably minutes to seconds to dead. They hold a constant voltage for a loooooooooonnnnnnnggggg time and then the voltage drops like a rock. Also don't want to hate up on your brand of LiFe pack but those don't have a real great track record.

That voltage then falling off a cliff is why I like Lion batteries instead. Fromeco says check the batts and recharge when they hit 7.0 volts under a 1 amp load.

BJ Swope

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
That voltage then falling off a cliff is why I like Lion batteries instead. Fromeco says check the batts and recharge when they hit 7.0 volts under a 1 amp load.
BJ Swope

I almost went Ions when I started going to HV but they just don't have the same discharge current as LiPo and like I was used to with A123 cells. So, I went with Pulse LiPo and been super happy!

Spats

100cc
Okay, they need to come with a tube on each side with pull strings! (and not in the way of the pull/pull or push/pull rudder setups). And, longer ends on the strings than the pull thread used for the ailerons, that thread was just barely long enough to be usable. And, how have your hatches been? I've worked on mine a lot, but it is still not that easy to get on.

LOL, I have made all those issues to Tony. Some of the hatches are better than others but my last one I took the blind nuts out and re-drilled the holes and put in new blind nuts.

Spats

100cc
It takes some getting used to... I'm doing it all the time with this Pilot Extra. :geek:

I have never had a plane I need to use up elevator to fly level while inverted and I always add weight to my tails. This just blows my mind. It seems like your servos must weigh a pound.