• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
60 is still shorts and T-shirts :spongebob:

Terry, I have so many questions for you all the time. haha I'll start with a couple about this carb and ignition...

1) 3 reeds touch and one is just slightly not touching... does the compression take care of all of that? Or do they all need to be touching on the bench? I think it is a blown open or blown closed thing. But, I'm old and I forget everything. haha

2) Does the Rcexl ignition tester work on DA ignitions? Because I can't get it to work on my known good DA ignitions. I can power it up directly from the battery and the LED will light up.

20151124_214010.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry, I have so many questions for you all the time. haha I'll start with a couple about this carb and ignition...

1) 3 reeds touch and one is just slightly not touching... does the compression take care of all of that? Or do they all need to be touching on the bench? I think it is a blown open or blown closed thing. But, I'm old and I forget everything. haha

2) Does the Rcexl ignition tester work on DA ignitions? Because I can't get it to work on my known good DA ignitions. I can power it up directly from the battery and the LED will light up.

View attachment 45613

There is pressure in the case but not enough to seat that I would not think I'd get a new reed, or first you could try just simply flipping it, but then the other one may stick up . Either way it's not right and should be repaired.

Joe Hunt

150cc
There is pressure in the case but not enough to seat that I would not think I'd get a new reed, or first you could try just simply flipping it, but then the other one may stick up . Either way it's not right and should be repaired.

Yeah, I was thinking to flip it over and see if that helped. Thanks, Terry! I'll let you know how it goes.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Does your sons 222 have Bowman rings?

My friend Tony tried a 32 x 10 Mejzlik on his DA200. That thing would make your ears bleed if you weren't careful. He went back to a 30 x 13 Mejzlik. More power less noise.
It does have Bowman rings. But I'm not convinced they are making a huge difference. Then again, both my 111's have been running Bowman rings since they were new. Both turning Falcon 28x10's around 6700 static. And throttle response is like a Ferrari. Don't know if it's the rings, the Falcon props or just DLE. All of them run really awesome. I do love my 3w's, but still very impressed with the DLE motors.