• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
I picked up some long thin cable ties... should make it easier to get them in hard to reach places.

20151120_173151.jpg 20151120_173208.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
New carb should be here today. 33-11w prop showed up yesterday, also a 30-13evo light. Gotta try all that. I have a model picked out for the photoshoot... so plenty to do still!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've always preached lighter and stronger, too. So what you're saying makes total sense. I did think that the unbuilt motorbox of the Pilot planes would make bolting on a 200 just as easy as bolting on a 170. :) I almost bought the DLE 222 a couple of months ago but heard they aren't as reliable as the DA.

You know... ;)... you live pretty close... ;)... you could invite me to visit and fly one of them there 180s. :yesss:
Don't believe everything you hear. I've seen first hand the impeccable dependability and absolutely top shelf performance of the DLE 222. Only reason I bought the 3dub 212 for the Yak, was because I wanted mostly to compare it to my sons 222. In all things being equal, the 212 should spank his 222 100 ways of Sunday. But it's going to be a tough battle to win. His 222 runs just that good. Right now after about 10 gallons, it seems to be really coming into its own very nicely. Ripping the snot outta the Biela 32x10.