Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pilot RC 32% Decathlon

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by thelaw, May 5, 2015.

1. thelaw

thelaw 70cc twin V2

Well today is our wedding anniversary! I unfortunately did not get my husband anything as he has quite a few neat toys already. Today i got a surprise gift, a new Decathlon!! We have a friend that wanted something for floats...so Lucy (25% clipped wing cub) is leaving our possesion. I can say that i am excited to get this plane and start the assembly! Should be a smooth flyer! Also as most know i am a buddy box flyer, so Terry will enjoy flying this as well. Now what should i name her? My Cub was named Loose Lucy, because she got whored out at the Cornhuckfest!

2. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

I have to give a huge thanks to the guy's at Chief Aircraft. I was actually going to order the plane to show up after we get back from Nall but thought.....hold on......they sell a crap ton of stuff at Nall and what if there is not any blue ones left!!!!:face-palm:

So I called up and after a little begging they said they would get one off the Joe Nall truck for Lori and get it shipped off for me!!!! @Flying-Skunks whoever is swearing at me about that......I'm sorry!!! But THANKS!!!!!

Lori likes blue so I had to get the blue one. Of course it will get a full line up of Savox servos, power safe RX, taildragger wires and goodies. This is going to be a great plane for Lori because it's big, can be slow and is fully aerobatic.
    Looks like quite a few people (if not most) that I find are going with an 85 for power. Before the prop mishap the DLE85 on the vibration mount was very low vibes for a big single so I think we'll go with that. Not sure about pitts or stock muffler yet, have to see how big that cowl is first.

Decathlon.jpg

Attached Files:

3. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Oh goody I will follow along on this. Love a Decath

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Decathlons are cool. I've had several, but never a big one. Some day, soon I hope.

49dimes likes this.
  5. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

COngrats on the anniversary, and on the Decathlon. I saw 2 of these at Nall 2013 or 2014 hucking it up on main line during noon demo, cool to see high winger flown in this manner. I'm thinking BlueBerry for name, hey I got a Flossy, and a Bertha. BTW @Terryscustom don't forget Nov.:yesss:

49dimes, pawnshopmike and thelaw like this.

6. bigblueswope

bigblueswope 100cc

7. thelaw

thelaw 70cc twin V2

The build will be a team build! Terry can do the motor and fuel system and I'll install servos etc.

8. aarestor

aarestor 70cc twin V2

Happy anniversary.

thelaw likes this.
  9. thelaw

thelaw 70cc twin V2

Well since our 9 yr old nephew will get to fly this too, I asked his advice on a name. He saw the pictures and said Captain America, my brother explained to him it needs to be a girls name. He thought and replied with Miss America, Wonder Woman, Lady Liberty. I like that the scheme is American, so i thought of just America! Guess great minds think alike!!!

ChickenBalls likes this.
  10. [​IMG]