• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
There is a real s-1 that fly's out of the little air port where my house is very close to. I can tell he runs headers only on his engine and the flight aerobatics he does gives me a show. Your plane and engine seemed VERY much alike! Great job.
Now if you can get your engine to backfire when throttling down (like the real one here) I'd say......10!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Noooooo, we don't need no backfiring. LOL!
Thanks dimes. Today was a very short flight, mostly to check the balance but also to get some tele of the engine. Now that I know all is well I can start to play with it some.
Here is a very short vid of today. The videographer changed the settings on his camera and it changed the sound a bit, at least sounds like it to me. I will check the pipes in the morning being they are accessible through the front openings.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Had another great day today, maybe the best yet. Upon arrival at the field and no one being there I did not know for sure if it would be a good day. I unloaded the plane by myself which is not a good thing. I then fueled it up, and standing behind the wing with choke on flipped it 4 times and pop, choke off and then one more flip it was idling, doesn't get any easier than that. The first flight was the shake the nerves off a little so 3-4 circles and down she came. But! The second flight, ohhhh baby! And I added smoke oil for this time around. After leaving Terra Firma coming out of the first turn I went full throttle, smoke on. Man that higher pitch prop was the ticket. It was cruising very well and the smoke was sweet, at this point the smoke was on low. So! I pulled up into a loop, it was so steady and smooth I came out of it and went directly into another one. Then, I finished the downline, made the turn, went into a roll, again as smooth as silk. I made the turn went to high on the smoke pump and plume's of smoke came rushing out. The 16oz tank was more than enough for the day but may fall short in an event, I may swap the 32oz fuel tank with the oil tank. After two flight's totaling about 10 minutes I coult not tel it had burnt any when defueling. For right now I am leaving everything be, but when I get back from Texas I may make some changes, I know I will. No video today either being no one available to shoot any. The tele tells me the prop was a good move and the temps are very low so it's near perfect as is. The pitot tube was registering 74mph on the straightway and I could not believe how quick the speed would fall off when throttled back, like it had brakes.

A very good day, I love the plane, and it will only get better!! Woo Hoo!!