• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Billy J

50cc
No time to build / but fishing good my friends !
image.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Back to the other Pitts build, last I posted was of the sanding. Then I fitted the wing halves tot he fuse and it had an unreasonable gap at the front. Then had to leave it again but I am back now and have five days to get this bird ready for some clothes. I made lightply end ribs and glued them on this morning, sanded them to a good fit. Then put it together with the alignment tubes epoxied in place. After drying I installed the wing to the cabane and currently drilling the struts to accept the brass inserts for bolting the wing together.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 290

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The last couple of days have been a little productive. The wing has been mounted, wiring completed, flying wires installed including the tail. The kit does not supply or mention any method of linking up the tail wheel to the rudder for steering. As it sets the glass leafspring is to short and to tall for a good angle of linkage so I am going to replace it. So, next up is to make the leaf and finish the tail, then on to installing the mains and pants.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 255

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Slowly getting things done on the bulldog. The nose panels were made and fitted when I decided I did not like how stiff they are, so, I will get some new, lighter glass sheets, and redo them. The Rx and the three satellites have been installed of which included having to make a mount for the Rx because it was to big to fit on the power board.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 269

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
All the fuse panels have been remade, fitted, and drilled for screws. The belly pan has been cut, bent, fitted, and drilled. The fuse got a good going over and a fine tune sanding. Up next is the pants and cowl.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 276