• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The frame set up enough I could remove it and trim it a little, will finish it up in the morning.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 262

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That frame did not look quite like I wanted after trimming so today I made another one.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 259

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I received an email from a fella with Model Airplane news, they want to do an article on my Pitts. So I put the current build aside and began working on mine. First thing, yesterday, was to run the engine with the new 3 blade to see if I wanted to go with it. Not happening, no where near the pull of the 2 blade, guess I should have went a little bigger. With propping set aside for now, today I removed the batteries and moved them forward as well as removed the 2lbs of dead lead from the nose. The pic depicts where things were and where they are.
The black line is where the 1.2lb batteries were, the yellow is where they are now. The pink line is where the 2lbs of dead lead was at and the blue line is the CG.
Tomorrow I will be adding an intake ram, running the dual exhaust into a single, and tightening up the gear some.

Attachments

• 688 - Copy.JPG
    688 - Copy.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The gear has been tightened up and the intake tube installed. If I like the tube the next one will definitely be added before the engine has been installed, what a PITA it was. Here shortly I will braze up the exhaust and I think that will do it.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The exhaust is done. It is buttoned back up with exception of the cowl being left off. Last time out it sounded as if it needed a bit more tune, break-in happening, I will tune it and then reassemble it. Should be good to go and maybe even back in the air Wednesday, Friday at the latest.
The pics show the different from dual to single.

Attachments

• 554.JPG
    554.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 228

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I can't take it out for a few days with a storm system coming in, the winds started picking up today and will probably last through the weekend. I did go back and move the injection point back closer to the header.
And during this process on another forum there has been a lot of discussion about how much can the oil be pre heated. So, being the ever so want to know that I am I emailed Super Dri. According to a fella there named Bill, for our application we can't really pre heat to much. He also asked I call him tomorrow and we would discus it in depth.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I just got off the phone with Bill of Super Dri and he says with our temps we can do as many wraps as we want, his words were "The hotter the better, your not going to over heat it". So I am going to go get some more copper and I think I will double up and do 8 wraps.