• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Jaketab

50cc
Ace,

One part on the Pitts 3.04 lower wing can't place. Can you tell me what and where it goes????

Jaketab

Attachments

• DSCF4043.JPG
    DSCF4043.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 198

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That goes on the front side of the rear wing spar and the rear side of the front at the flying wire mount. In the pic they are laying in their respective position, the open end points outward to the wing tip.

Attachments

• page 2 - Copy.jpg
    page 2 - Copy.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Jaketab

50cc
Ace,

Reference the attached pic, is this the location where its to be pasted ?????
Since I already have a hard block of ply there to support the strut mount - is this part relevant ????

It appears there is no 1/2 round pine blocks in the kit for the wing strut bolt through mounts.
Did you have to make your own??? Could make out of pine dow rod ????

Jaketab

PS - Hope you don't go away after you finish this build.
GSN needs to put you on as consultant and provide retainer fees.

Attachments

• DSCF4047.JPG
    DSCF4047.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 212

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I would imagine it is relevant some how, as well engineered as this kit is I don't think anything would be there if not needed, how it is needed I do not know. See pics for added detail.
And it won't be that long until I will be starting the Bulldog II build, so, I ain't goin nowhere.

Attachments

• DSCF4047.JPG
    DSCF4047.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Jaketab

50cc
The strut attachment points on the big Pitts is just inside the leading and trailing spars.
Other 2 pics show lining up the aileron ribs and use of a paperweight collecting dust for 20 years.

Don't need for quite a while, but do you have any pics of how the struts are attached to the wing?

Attachments

• DSCF4052.JPG
    DSCF4052.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF4049.JPG
    DSCF4049.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF4045.JPG
    DSCF4045.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 212

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It would appear your strut mount is just a tad different than mine, but mine was wrong for the model and got moved anyway. On mine there are threaded inserts for the struts and bolts that run through the wing into the strut. A tip here would be to not do the inserts until you can mount both wings, align the struts then drill for the inserts. I'll look and see if there is a pic of the strut mounts and post them in a minute.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry, no pics in the manual or on the cd. I guess this is one of the "How to's" I got from EMHW or Vogelsang. I did not use the kit supplied insert's or bolt's, I went with 4-40 inserts and make my own bolts out of all thread and nuts.

Last edited: