• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
This is the gear, it weighs 4lbs 7.2oz, the old wire gear weighs less than 2 lbs. I have marked areas I think would be safe to remove.
Wow. 4.5lbs just for the landing gear seems outrageous.

I think I would start out just drilling a bunch of holes in it and the check the weight. If it’s still too heavy, break out the jigsaw and play connect the holes.:way_to_go:

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow. 4.5lbs just for the landing gear seems outrageous.

I think I would start out just drilling a bunch of holes in it and the check the weight. If it’s still too heavy, break out the jigsaw and play connect the holes.:way_to_go:
That is kind of my thoughts but thought someone may know better. But sometimes I guess there are no shortcuts, just good ole fashioned labor.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Depending on how much you cut or drill ont it is going to weaken it. So if have some thinner material it will lighter and just as strong as the other one all drilled out. Because once you have drilled it only the material that is left counts. And if the lighter material has the same amount you may be further ahead with the thinner material. You have to do little math to prove one over the other.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Turns out there were short-cuts, EMHW finally got with me and I received a new set of kit gear. The Eagle is back together and waiting for some flying time.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Been doing a little work on the Challenger the last couple of days. Did some changing out of the electronics, switched the 14 channel Rx for a 3 channel with SBUS and using one of the X10's from Xtreme Power Systems. The removeable panels for the nose are done and the cowl is mounted. I am currently working on getting the pants set up with their hardware.

Attachments

• P1090051.JPG
    P1090051.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 249

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You just like me installing canopies is not something I look forward to, unfortunately it needs to be done. What type of glue do you use to glue canopies down with.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You just like me installing canopies is not something I look forward to, unfortunately it needs to be done. What type of glue do you use to glue canopies down with.
I have not done one in this fashion, got any suggestions?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have not done one in this fashion, got any suggestions?
I have tried a few different methods, shoe goe, RC56 and CA each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Right now I like CA it is the most dangerous but if done very fearfully it works the best for me.